11 Monochrome Modules
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:43 am 

Well, since everyone else has decided to show off, I figured I might as well join the game. :P   Here are some pictures of most of my rares:

I was too lazy to take pictures of all of my common stuff, maybe I will do that tommorrow. :)   And yes in case anyone is wondering, I am a character record sheet whore. :oops:

Oh and in case anyone sees a whole that they would like to fill for me, I am currently accepting donations. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:46 am 

Adder, That has to be "my" Bio One in the lower right corner of one picture!  Now I'm glad I sold it to you, I had it tucked away in a closet.  So much nicer to have to displayed in such a great set up!!!
 I'd show photos of my collection, but certainly pictures of boxes in closets aren't the most interesting thing to see...I've got to get a nice display cabinet one of these days...

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:00 pm 

Sweet, Brian.  Really nice collection.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:01 pm 

bombadil wrote:Sweet, Brian.  Really nice collection.

I still have 5 or 6 really big holes to fill though. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:50 pm 

God I hate all of you!!!!!! You have more stuff than me shall be destroyed!!! Only I shall be in possession of all things great!!!  :twisted:

That aside I am deeply impressed and envious.

Maraudar

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:33 pm 

Badmike wrote:I'd show photos of my collection, but certainly pictures of boxes in closets aren't the most interesting thing to see...I've got to get a nice display cabinet one of these days...

Mike B.

Hey Mike, next time I come over I can take a picture of you buried beneath a pile of your stuff if you want.  It wouldnt be pretty but it would be damn entertaining.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:53 pm 

Wow!  I am stunned!  They have lighted cabinets in Australia?  8O

Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have to store our game collections in old, abandoned beaver dams!  

Mark   :lol:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:42 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have to store our game collections in old, abandoned beaver dams!

Hey that's what we do in Canada - the beaver is our national animal after all.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:39 pm 

That is an amazing collection and well displayed. I have plans for a similar study in the future, at the moment I have just open bookshelves. Also my collection pales compared to yours - so many woodgrain sets!

Question: Are there many serious collectors in Australia?  I have about 500 items in my collection now. Are there any Australian forums. I am always envious of everyone over in the US - our market is so small here in comaparison.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:50 pm 

Mars wrote:

Save a tree:  eat more beaver.

You guys have such awesome icons.  Beavers, Mounties, maple syrup.  Beautiful animals on your coinage.  And even when you type, you have excellent elocution.  I love Canadians!

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:10 pm 

Adder and Brian - great collections! I really need to build cabinets...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:57 am 

Mars wrote:

Yes, but in Canada the beaver dams aren't abandoned.  I understand you have to bring an offering of either birch twigs or a goldfish every time you want to re-read G1.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:42 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:
That is an amazing collection and well displayed. I have plans for a similar study in the future, at the moment I have just open bookshelves. Also my collection pales compared to yours - so many woodgrain sets!

Question: Are there many serious collectors in Australia?  I have about 500 items in my collection now. Are there any Australian forums. I am always envious of everyone over in the US - our market is so small here in comaparison.

Very nice... Have to be only about 5-6 serious collectos I suppose in Aussie, although I don't have one woody at all (not really into the whole print run thing) I think I'm down to about 12 items to finish off my entire 2nd ed collection (maybe a couple of more thing) but I also have other rpg's beside A/D&D

Brette:)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:12 am 

bombadil wrote:
By the way, Brendon, did you get that woodgrain Tractics from me?  I can't remember who bought mine...

hiya Stephen,

Woodgrain was purchased in November from 'honesttommy'. Quite a nice guy - he paid for half shipping etc to make sure it arrived safely. :D Was really sad to see it go.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:22 am 

KoP wrote:
By the way, what are the black binders next to the jar of coins in the second picture?  I can read "Lord of the Rings Battle Games" on the side.  I have never seen these before.

There binders for the Lord of the Rings Battlegames in Middle Earth series of magazines (the ones you can get from newsagencies with minatures attached). They are designed to hold the middle of the magazine within having holes punched in them. The esries of mags is up around the mid/late 70s issue number now (goes up to 90something last time I checked with them). They should be available from these websites. but don't know what your postage would be :

UK  www.deagostini.co.uk
Aus www.deagostini.com.au
SA www.deagostini.co.za
NZ www.deagostini.co.nz

(No, I don't work or get commission from them for posting the above) :wink:

Oh, and yes I do need to get the other DragonLance boxed set, just waiting for one in shrink, good pickup. :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:27 am 

prufock wrote:
Puts my 13 brown boxes to shame.

Thanks Martin, so you and David would have to have a huge chunk of the ones still around?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:37 am 

Some very sweet items there Brian  8) What's the black one with the pentagram on the cover?

I thought you'd like seeing that one there Mike  :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:51 am 

hermit wrote:

Don't know of any apart from those guys here. One of my friends was a rabid Cthulu collector, but he's really cooled over the last few years.

Maybe us guys can arrange to get together at the Con next year?

Be a short-ish trip for you eh Brette?

PreviousNext