I guess I found my answer.. sorta
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 21, 2
Author


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3793
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:53 am 
 

Blackmoor wrote:
If I really wanted to show off I could just take pictures of by OD&D collection like this:



I had to wipe my eyes after seeing the old PoVQ and GH.  They look so happy in their new home!

BTW, I gave a talk in Lethbridge many years ago.  I flew to Calgary (I think), and drove from there.  Stopped at a really cool buffalo jump somewhere along the way.  I love that kind of landscape.


Let mirth prevail!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6067
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 14, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:55 am 
 

bombadil wrote:BTW, I gave a talk in Lethbridge many years ago.  I flew to Calgary (I think), and drove from there.  Stopped at a really cool buffalo jump somewhere along the way.  I love that kind of landscape.


I went to a conference in Lethbridge a few years back and did the same thing - fly to Calgary and drive to Lethbridge.  I stopped in Vulcan though to take a picture with the Enterprise (yes the one from Star Trek).

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:25 am 
 

bombadil wrote:
I had to wipe my eyes after seeing the old PoVQ and GH.  They look so happy in their new home!

BTW, I gave a talk in Lethbridge many years ago.  I flew to Calgary (I think), and drove from there.  Stopped at a really cool buffalo jump somewhere along the way.  I love that kind of landscape.


Most of you guys are so educated!  Talks in Lethbridge, Phd student! WOW!  Crap I am high school educated and barely 8O


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3793
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:27 am 
 

Actually, I do self-motivation talks, much in the style of the character played by Tom Cruise in "Magnolia".


Let mirth prevail!

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:33 am 
 

bombadil wrote:Actually, I do self-motivation talks, much in the style of the character played by Tom Cruise in "Magnolia".


Sounds cool!  I would like to see one someday.


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6067
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 14, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:17 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:
Most of you guys are so educated!  Talks in Lethbridge, Phd student! WOW!  Crap I am high school educated and barely 8O


Educated maybe but you probably kill us in the salary department you oil tycoon :)

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3793
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:28 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:
If I really wanted to show off I could just take pictures of by OD&D collection like this:

But I wouldn't want be to pretentious.  :wink:


Funny, at first glance, I thought "Holy crap, Jeff is jonb!".   8O


Let mirth prevail!

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3793
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:28 pm 
 

Mars wrote:
Educated maybe but you probably kill us in the salary department you oil tycoon :)


There's no "probably" about it, Mark.  His overtime alone puts us away.   :D


Let mirth prevail!

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:53 pm 
 

bombadil wrote:
There's no "probably" about it, Mark.  His overtime alone puts us away.   :D


Overtime?  What's that :lol:


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 21, 2