Goodman Games DCC1 second priniting
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:25 pm 

I am not a collector, but I have a collector who wants to buy/trade this with me. What is fair market value of this particular module? In like new off the shelf condition? No marks, no tears, etc...

Our reality is the one we chose to accept.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:58 pm 

Treebore wrote:I am not a collector, but I have a collector who wants to buy/trade this with me. What is fair market value of this particular module? In like new off the shelf condition? No marks, no tears, etc...

Cover price would be good!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:33 pm 

Treebore wrote:I am not a collector, but I have a collector who wants to buy/trade this with me. What is fair market value of this particular module? In like new off the shelf condition? No marks, no tears, etc...

Member "Gus Landt" is looking for one I think...you might give him a PM...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:36 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Member "Gus Landt" is looking for one I think...you might give him a PM...

Mike B.

Oh sorry...just realized that is probably the collector you are in contact with...whoops :oops:

Collectibility of the early DCC items, with the exception of the limited editions, is at this point totally up in the air.  There just isn't a market established at this point for the different printings....still much too recent.  In other words, your guess is as good as ours...it's worth as much as you think it is and someone else will pay for it!!!

Mike B.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:52 am 

OK, I was just wondering because I was reading another thread here where the 3rd printing was talked about, which was limited to 50 copies because of some kind of printing error. It was the opinion of people in that thread that it would not be worth much.

It sold Dec 26th on eBay for $88.00 plus shipping.

So I guess to get the best current market value I would have to put it up on eBay, which I am not interested in doing because I just want a copy of the module.

By the same token I don't want to give something away if its worth a bit of money.

OK, I think I know what I want to do.

Our reality is the one we chose to accept.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:20 am 

Treebore wrote:OK, I was just wondering because I was reading another thread here where the 3rd printing was talked about, which was limited to 50 copies because of some kind of printing error. It was the opinion of people in that thread that it would not be worth much.

It sold Dec 26th on eBay for $88.00 plus shipping.

So I guess to get the best current market value I would have to put it up on eBay, which I am not interested in doing because I just want a copy of the module.

By the same token I don't want to give something away if its worth a bit of money.

OK, I think I know what I want to do.

The 2nd print is not an "error" copy, so I doubt it would bring that much, but perhaps ebay might be the place to go to find out the true worth..
 And btw, one copy of the 3rd print going fot $88 is not an indication of value...it's an indication what one person would pay for that (overpaid, IMO).  I think a copy of the DCC 12.5 1st ed Gen Con sold for $100+ the first copy, the last couple have sold for only $50....

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:25 am 

Badmike wrote:
There just isn't a market established at this point for the different printings....still much too recent.  In other words, your guess is as good as ours...it's worth as much as you think it is and someone else will pay for it!!!

What he said.   :wink:

I did before Christmas pick up the 1st and 2nd prints of this module at cover price, and just a few days ago I picked up another 1st print at just a few dollars above cover.  Remember too that other than the cover art there is no real difference between the 2nd and 3rd printings of this module.  How much is one willing to spend then for a fairly recent and contemporary product to get a different cover?  Depends who's knocking I guess.  Ask him what he wants to offer for it.

Goodman is churning these out regulalry now with no sign of stopping, and he is willing to do reprints as needed.  If the series continues unabated (say to DCC100!)  there will certainly be more interest at that point with more people looking to go back and get earlier prints like DCC 1 and 2 that at least offer different covers.  You know what, I'd say either keep it in your library as it is the first in the series and not worth the bother selling, or if you don't care about stuff like that then spread some cheer in the world and let it go for cover or near cover at the most.

Good Luck!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:38 am 

About that DCC1 3rd print with the errors ...I don't know about that one.  

My understanding is the errors are typographical, not anything like wild content that made it past editing and should have been taken out at press time.   

To me that copy is no different from the regular third print, and probably inferior.  So someone has a copy with a screwed up map key or something ...meh~  

:roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:55 pm 

Badmike wrote:
The 2nd print is not an "error" copy, so I doubt it would bring that much, but perhaps ebay might be the place to go to find out the true worth..
 And btw, one copy of the 3rd print going fot $88 is not an indication of value...it's an indication what one person would pay for that (overpaid, IMO).  I think a copy of the DCC 12.5 1st ed Gen Con sold for $100+ the first copy, the last couple have sold for only $50....

Mike B.

Yes, overpaid... :oops:

But in my defense, I thought it was the first printing, made my bid, and then found out it wasn't (by reading the messages at the bottom of the auction - questions from a potential bidder). My bad.

I hate bid retractions (but in retrospect, maybe I should of done so... :oops: )...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:34 pm 

IttyBitty wrote:
Yes, overpaid... :oops:

But in my defense, I thought it was the first printing, made my bid, and then found out it wasn't (by reading the messages at the bottom of the auction - questions from a potential bidder). My bad.

I hate bid retractions (but in retrospect, maybe I should of done so... :oops: )...

Oh NO!  Didn't know it was you Itty!!!!! 8O

I just thought it was a bit much for nothing more than a printing mistake, and not an interesting one at that (no full boobs shots of barbarian chicks, wizards holding machine guns, dogs mating with cats, you get the picture...).  But look at it this way you have set the market until/unless another comes down the road!

Mike B.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:01 am 

or was the 3rd referred to this one..

** expired eBay auction **

where I outbid a2jeff?

If not, that makes 2 around the same price, but I'm pretty sure it is.

Overpaid slightly but you get that when you have snipes. :(

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"