B3 (Green Cover) FOR A MERE $35.00+!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:46 am 

I just saw the seller (Gold Crown Collectibles) had another module (B3) that is currently selling for $35.51  8O  :?  that is NOT signed by the author or anything special. The listing describes it as being . . . "in good condition overall. The cover shows normal wear with scuffing and stress marks at the spine.  The pages have check marks after some of the entries but are free of any highlighting. Contains all of its original maps and inserts." with about seven (7) hours left.

CHECK IT OUT (AGAIN):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... mot_widget

I am no expert, but is this part of the holiday buying craze? :P ?  If so, I have an extra B1 & B3 myself that I will happily sell for half the price of these and are in just as good condition or better  :wink:

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:09 am 

PM-Knight wrote:I just saw the seller (Gold Crown Collectibles) had another module (B3) that is currently selling for $35.51  8O  :?  that is NOT signed by the author or anything special. The listing describes it as being . . . "in good condition overall. The cover shows normal wear with scuffing and stress marks at the spine.  The pages have check marks after some of the entries but are free of any highlighting. Contains all of its original maps and inserts." with about seven (7) hours left.

CHECK IT OUT (AGAIN):
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... mot_widget

I am no expert, but is this part of the holiday buying craze? :P ?  If so, I have an extra B1 & B3 myself that I will happily sell for half the price of these and are in just as good condition or better  :wink:

This gentleman's auctions are being watched very carefully, and with great suspicion.   (see the Silliest Auction Price of the Year thread).  

Those prices do not in any way reflect current market value.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:42 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:I just saw the seller (Gold Crown Collectibles) had another module (B3) that is currently selling for $35.51  8O  :?  that is NOT signed by the author or anything special. The listing describes it as being . . . "in good condition overall. The cover shows normal wear with scuffing and stress marks at the spine.  The pages have check marks after some of the entries but are free of any highlighting. Contains all of its original maps and inserts." with about seven (7) hours left.

CHECK IT OUT (AGAIN):

** expired eBay auction **

Myself and others suspect shilling activity with this seller's auctions. Be that as it may, expect to see many mono B1s and green B3's hit the auctions in the next few days as people react to these outrageous prices.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:19 pm 

A lot of bidders decide: "no one values this more than I do, so I'll put my maximum bid of $100", for something that typically goes for $10. This technique works "well" in certain cases.

However, when two or more bidders think this, well, the bidding can proceed as described in the B3 auction or a lot worse. I've seen fairly cheap magazines (not role-playing ones) go for hundreds of dollars due to (I suspect) this very phenomenon.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:03 pm 

We have seen this happen here too when Kynan and Lance go head to head. Anyone heard from IO (and his tribe) of late?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.