Gammarauders Revenge of the Factoids by TSR
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:15 pm 
 

I just picked up a few of these:




** expired eBay auction **




TSR: Gammarauders Revenge of the Factoids



Anyone here ever even hear of this game before? And better yet, does anyone have any clue how much it might be worth unopened?  I am going to dump one in the middle of this weeks auctions, btu I am kind of curious to see if anyone knows anything about it, 'cause I sure and hell don't. :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6070
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 29, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:21 pm 
 

Revenge of the Factoids is the module for TSR's Gammarauders boxed game.  Neither sell for much on Ebay.  I bought a shrinked copy of Factoids from the same seller last year - I'm sure he has a bunch of them.  I'd guess that what you paid for it is probably about right.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:26 pm 
 

Mars wrote:Revenge of the Factoids is the module for TSR's Gammarauders boxed game.  Neither sell for much on Ebay.  I bought a shrinked copy of Factoids from the same seller last year - I'm sure he has a bunch of them.  I'd guess that what you paid for it is probably about right.


So in other words, I should have stuck with just one and not bought 3 then. :oops:   Oh well, we'll find out soon enough, I am putting one up tonight. :)


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6070
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 29, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:41 pm 
 

Its a module for the boxed set so anyone who is interested in Factoids should have the boxed set as well.  But the Gammarauders boxed set isn't very popular either.  I would put it below the Indiana Jones and Top Secret stuff.

Did you buy the shrinkwrapped Gamma World modules he has - the higher numbered GW series?  He was selling them at buy-it-now 6.95.   They would probably be more resellable than Factoids.  The one thing I did find with his stuff is that a most of the books even though they are in shrink have rusted out staples inside.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:55 pm 
 

Mars wrote:Its a module for the boxed set so anyone who is interested in Factoids should have the boxed set as well.  But the Gammarauders boxed set isn't very popular either.  I would put it below the Indiana Jones and Top Secret stuff.

Did you buy the shrinkwrapped Gamma World modules he has - the higher numbered GW series?  He was selling them at buy-it-now 6.95.   They would probably be more resellable than Factoids.  The one thing I did find with his stuff is that a most of the books even though they are in shrink have rusted out staples inside.


I have actually bought a ton of stuff from them both last year and this year (and so yes to the GW stuff).  They were the ones that I bought 40+ A3s and a bunch of other SW modules privately.  For me, with the exception a few items where shrinkwrap was mangled, everything else was in top condition. :)    I would imagine that they are pretty tapped out by now though, as I purchased and split up a large portion of thier stock last year with Killjoy.  With the exception of some later 2nd edition D&D setting material (i.e Lankhmar, Dragonlence, etc.) stuff, we bought it all for the most part.  They did have some other TSR non-D&D things like Top Secret, Pacesetter and what not, but we pretty much cleaned them out of anything of value for D&D.  They apparently have a few GH modules left over that I did just pick up a few more of those though.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6070
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 29, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:02 pm 
 

I picked up a bunch of Star Frontiers, Gamma World, and some Pacesetter stuff and maybe a couple of Top Secret items too - the price was definitely right and it let me finish off these sets in my collection.  I ended up opening about 10 items and probably 8 had rusty staples of which 3 were also left some bad staining on the books and inside covers.  They looked great in the shrink but I was pretty disappoined after I opened them.  I haven't bought any others from there since.  The rust was mainly on the Star Frontiers and Pacesetter stuff.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7949
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 15, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:14 pm 
 

Mars wrote:I picked up a bunch of Star Frontiers, Gamma World, and some Pacesetter stuff and maybe a couple of Top Secret items too - the price was definitely right and it let me finish off these sets in my collection.  I ended up opening about 10 items and probably 8 had rusty staples of which 3 were also left some bad staining on the books and inside covers.  They looked great in the shrink but I was pretty disappoined after I opened them.  I haven't bought any others from there since.  The rust was mainly on the Star Frontiers and Pacesetter stuff.


Ditto with me.  Didn't like the condition of the few SW items I opened, rusty and stained.  One of the reasons I don't collect SW stuff anymore, you could be collecting a mold colony and never know until you actually open the darn thing....

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1