Greyhawk
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 246
Joined: Nov 30, 2006
Last Visit: Sep 29, 2009
Location: Boise, ID

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:26 pm 
 

Hi,

Can anyone give me price estimates on these Greyhawk items?

Isle of the Ape-S/W
City of Skulls-NM complete
Rary the Traitor-NM complete
Howl from the North-NM complete

and I had a Iuz the Evil-NM complete that flew out of the store for $50.  That about the right price?  

Thanks

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:47 pm 
 

napoleonsdad wrote:Hi,

Can anyone give me price estimates on these Greyhawk items?

Isle of the Ape-S/W
City of Skulls-NM complete
Rary the Traitor-NM complete
Howl from the North-NM complete

and I had a Iuz the Evil-NM complete that flew out of the store for $50.  That about the right price?  

Thanks

These items are all relatively common.  The WGR-series sells well on eBay.  I'd recommend starting them reasonably (~$10-15) and see what happens.  Perhaps add an optimistic BIN if you like.  

While I believe $50 for a WGR5 in any condition is patently ridiculous, there are those that may jump at the opportunity...good luck!

You're best off using the valuations as a rough guide for these sorts of items:
http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/modcode.html

 YIM  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5611
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 15, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:58 pm 
 

napoleonsdad wrote:Can anyone give me price estimates on these Greyhawk items?

Isle of the Ape-S/W


Probably $20-30 or so, though that may be a little high?  

napoleonsdad wrote:City of Skulls-NM complete


This seems to stay higher in price, with less fluctuation overall.  Probably $30-50.

napoleonsdad wrote:Rary the Traitor-NM complete


This seems to have fallen lower, so probably $15-25 max.

napoleonsdad wrote:Howl from the North-NM complete


No real idea on this one, likely $15-30.

napoleonsdad wrote:and I had a Iuz the Evil-NM complete that flew out of the store for $50.  That about the right price?  


That seems like a high price, to me; awhile ago all of Sargent's 2e FTA GH modules were selling in the $40-70 range, but the market seems to have gotten a little more even.  I would expect Iuz the Evil to sell for $30-50, at most.


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:18 am 
 

The prices mentioned seemed good to me . . . however, if I had a NM Iuz the Evil I'd put it in my store for $70 - $75.  In fact, I sold one a few months ago for that price . . .  keeping in mind that a Good Reputation, Worldwide shipping and many items to choose from so a buyer can combine shipping costs can go a long way to getting an extra $10-20 on choice items.


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:57 am 
 

Beyondthebreach wrote:The prices mentioned seemed good to me . . . however, if I had a NM Iuz the Evil I'd put it in my store for $70 - $75.  In fact, I sold one a few months ago for that price . . .  keeping in mind that a Good Reputation, Worldwide shipping and many items to choose from so a buyer can combine shipping costs can go a long way to getting an extra $10-20 on choice items.


Just to toss in my own $.02.  I have noticed that Iuz the Evil has been kind of weird lately.  Some have been going in the $50 range and others(quite a few others I might add) have gone for well below what they normally go for.  I actually just picked up a decent copy myself with the map still in it for $13 afew weeks ago.  The reason I know this is I have been tracking them for awhile now in an attempt to get one with a map since the opened that I owned didn't have a map anymore(I screwed up in an auction listing and I had to give my map away because of the screw up  :oops: )  Anyway, it just seems that Iuz the Evil has been weird lately. :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:35 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:
Just to toss in my own $.02.  I have noticed that Iuz the Evil has been kind of weird lately.  Some have been going in the $50 range and others(quite a few others I might add) have gone for well below what they normally go for.  I actually just picked up a decent copy myself with the map still in it for $13 afew weeks ago.  The reason I know this is I have been tracking them for awhile now in an attempt to get one with a map since the opened that I owned didn't have a map anymore(I screwed up in an auction listing and I had to give my map away because of the screw up  :oops: )  Anyway, it just seems that Iuz the Evil has been weird lately. :?


I find that mid-November to End of January is a weird time for everything.  Many people have their discretionary dollars already tied up with gifts and aren't buying stuff for themselves.  On the other hand, if you know someone who would like something (say Iuz) for Christmas, the prices can get real high!  After Christmas some people have money to burn (from cash presents) and some are flat broke!


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1