Warriors of Mars w/pics - Condition & Value?
Author

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:23 pm 

More info on the WoM book, along with a few images.   This is a continuation of my earlier post on a Lot of D&D books I've had for about 30 years.  http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4816

I've looked back over the book and it has very limited handwritten notes on 3 pages, and a small hole around the top staple.  Other than that it appears to be in very good condition.  I'd like your thoughts on how to rate the condition of this book (VG?  NM?), and also its value.

I've posted 4 pics below.  If there's something else you want to see I can email it to you -- just send me a PM with your email address.

Thanks again for looking.

Here's the book:
Here's the intro page, which is representative of the condition of most interior pages:

Here's one of the pages with writing on it.  The other two pages with writing are similar.  One corrects an error in the combat table on p.52, and another adds a location to the map on p.29.

Finally, here's a close up of the product list, that also shows the small hole around the staple:

[/img]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:31 pm 

Ooooooo pretty :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:23 pm 

I would recommend staying away from trying to class the book into NM or VG.  If you really want to do this then probably the best you could hope for would be VG or G because of the writing.  Just describe the flaws as you have done and let the buyer decide.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:35 pm 

Will the upcoming John Carter movie affect the price on this item, or does everyone who wants one already have one?  I can't imagine the average ERB fan wanting this booklet, especially at the prices mentioned in another thread.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:42 pm 

There is no actual errata concerning Warriors of Mars that I know of.  Hormads (the Synthetic Men of Mars) and Ulsio (the Martian Rat) aren't dealt with at all in the book.  But I'd rather have your copy of the book than mine, as it's in better shape than mine, despite mine not having any writing.

As to the average ERB fan, they're not role players for the most part, so they don't give a damn.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:47 pm 

You're right on the hormads and ulsio, that was an addition, not an error.  The errata I was referring to is on p.52, in the Individual Combat table for a Calot attacking a Thoat.  The original table required a score of 18 to wound and 17 to kill.  Looks like when I first noticed this I thought the 17 and 18 were simply transposed, then re-concluded that it should have been 8 to wound and 17 to kill:

While I'm at it, here's the last of the three pages with writing on it.  Not the best pic, but you can see where I added the Somaria Valley to the map on p. 29.  Everything else in the book is clean:

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:03 pm 

** expired eBay auction **

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:07 pm 

just listed on ebay.  prior post (which i couldn't edit) has the link.