tunnels & trolls books
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:13 pm 

hey folks

now that i have played them all, i am gonna offload my tunnels & trolls books.

three in particular though, i am wondering what their values are, if any of y'all know....

the three pocket adventures:

1. goblin lake
2. abyss
3. circle of ice

they are prb in VG condition (to be fair)

book 1 is a 1st print from 1979, the other two don't say, but they are from 1980. they are all clean, no writing or rips or anything like that. pretty nice condition for such thin small books which look very easy to damage. i can put up pics if anyone wants to see them.

i KNOW they are very rare (only recollect ever seeing them once on ebay), so any help would be most appreciated.

i have most of the other solo's too, but they are all UK editions, which i assume look different to the US ones? again, some assistance on them would be cool too :)

and what about uncle ugly's underground doom?

thanks

Al

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:22 pm 

Al, those are fun little items, but I think their rarity is open to debate.

The first problem is with Abyss, which, believe it or not, is actually available from the Flying Buffalo web-site as a photocopy. 8O

Get your Abyss here

So, basically every interested T&T player either owns the original or has easy access to a copy (literally).

Of the other two, I would imagine Goblin Lake had the bigger press run. I remember it was quite the big deal when it came out, whereas Circle of Ice didn't seem to make as big of an impression.

One thing that might work in your favor, though, is the condition. Most of the Pocket Adventures I've come across have either been thrashed or way short of mint. If yours are in decent shape, that would certainly appeal to the average T&T collector.

Keep in mind that I'm guessing here, but I'd say ... $5 apiece on the low end, $15 apiece on the high end.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:31 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i have most of the other solo's too, but they are all UK editions, which i assume look different to the US ones? again, some assistance on them would be cool too :)

It can depend. Some are; some aren't — not very helpful, I know. Sadly, there's no Acaeum equivalent for T&T collectors, so there's no easy way to research this sort of thing.

If you're talking about the smaller Corgi Books editions, though, those are definitely different (and UK only, obviously).

If you wanted to post a couple of scans, I could tell you pretty much right away if it was a cover I'd never seen in the States (as could a few others here, I'm sure).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:07 am 

well i need to do scans for selling them anyway, so will post them up as soon as i get a chance.

*adds a note to the ever increasing list of things to do*

:D

Al

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:02 am 

I've sold/traded a couple copies of each. IIRC, they go around $20-$25 each.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.