Role Playing Games by J. Eric Holmes, M.D.
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:11 am 

I bought this rather interesting book covering the early years of our hobby new back in 1981, and was wondering if it was worth anything? Regardless, I plan on holding onto this book for nostalgia alone, as it is serves as a tangible link to those long-lost days of my youth.

"Curses to those responsible for wrapping blackness in everlasting chains."

--WG4 Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:28 am 

Munafik wrote:I bought this rather interesting book covering the early years of our hobby new back in 1981, and was wondering if it was worth anything? Regardless, I plan on holding onto this book for nostalgia alone, as it is serves as a tangible link to those long-lost days of my youth.

I noticed this books pops out with a certain degree of regularity on EBay UK. I bought one myself years ago (amazing event, the seller asked to be paid in Italian lire!  8O ). I think this book is useful for somebody interested in researching the arcane subject of RPGs from their start or a collector of books about RPGs.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:23 pm 

I had a feeling that the book was fairly common, and just wanted to confirm my suspicion. Thanks for the info, Sotteraneo.

"Curses to those responsible for wrapping blackness in everlasting chains."

--WG4 Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun