Tiny Tiny Tiny 1st - 2nd Edition Core Rulebooks TSR
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:57 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
These are at least uncommon. I don't track them but I do check out noble knight to see what the high end of the market is looking like.

One thing a reseller like NK needs to look at is the cost to restock the item. No point in selling it at a price you would have to pay to replace it. NK has just chosen to push the high end envelope and wait for that white whale rather than dropping the price to chud values and seeing what sharks come to bite.

Certainly. I myself have occasionally paid Aaron's premium prices, and did not in any way mean to suggest there's anything wrong with pricing high. On some level I appreciate it, as I always know that if I absolutely "must have" something, that I can go to someone like him and find it. If these were priced everywhere at $10 apiece, they'd fly off the shelves. The box sets do seem to be somewhat less common than the reproductions of the hardcovers.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:37 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:If these were priced everywhere at $10 apiece, they'd fly off the shelves. The box sets do seem to be somewhat less common than the reproductions of the hardcovers.

$10 a piece is generally what the "hardcovers" sell for with the exception of the DMG which seems to be what most people are missing.  This is probably because a seller/distributor in Italy had everything except this in bulk (and may still have a large supply).

The boxed sets are rarer and tend to sell a bit higher but it really depends on the set.  Elminster Ecologies sells cheap and would probably not hit $20.  The others are a bit more popular.  There really isn't much competition for people willing to pay $30 or more each though.

For most people these are probably more a curiosity but paying the same or more for a miniaturized version is not where they want to spend their money.

There have been a few sets for sale and these usually command a good price.  This run of stuff is a pain to complete.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:29 pm 

On a whim, I bought a lot of 8 of these books off an eBay seller about a month ago-they had a BIN of 150.00 or BO-I offered 99.99 and it was accepted. (and shipping was VERY cheap) The 8 books were:
MM2
MOTP
FF (my favorite, as it's the only one to still have the original cover)
GA
DA
WSG
L&L
DSG
The seller must have a fair number stockpiled, as the lot listing is still around.
I'll get around to picking up the rest once I've taken care of some other gaps in my collection-but right now I'm on a huge plastic mini kick-getting ready for a new campaign!

If you believe that ADVANCED DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS is a game worth playing, you will certainly find it doubly so if you play well.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:12 pm 

Glad to hear you are happy with those!  A lot of people around here got some great buys in the auctions I ran last month also!  If anyone wants a stack of those books off ebay, send me a tell.  No sense in paying ebay fees if you found them here!

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Previous