Tiny Tiny Tiny 1st - 2nd Edition Core Rulebooks TSR
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 21, 2
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 138
Joined: May 28, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 12, 2007
Location: United States

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:16 am 
 

I remember seeing auction listings by random searching for miniature palm size editions of TSr 1st edition core rulebooks.. PHB.MM,DMG and others, they were just like the originals in text and pages only very tiny, I thought these were cool as you could fit the DMG in your back pocket. Just trying to figure out the proper search words to find these on ebay as I would like to accuire some. I know they are fairly rare. Anybody have some or any suggestions?

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 530
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 12, 2021
Location: Lille, France.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:15 am 
 

Afrika Corps wrote:I remember seeing auction listings by random searching for miniature palm size editions of TSr 1st edition core rulebooks.. PHB.MM,DMG and others, they were just like the originals in text and pages only very tiny, I thought these were cool as you could fit the DMG in your back pocket. Just trying to figure out the proper search words to find these on ebay as I would like to accuire some. I know they are fairly rare. Anybody have some or any suggestions?


That is geek stuff, definitely :D
Not an advice, but try this seller poumba26, it should have some tiny tiny tiny  :wink:  core rulebooks to sell.
At this time he has nothing to sell, but I am pretty sure that he has some exemplaries left. I have bought some a month ago, in an excellent shape.
But beware, it is from belgium, so don't forget the shipping costs (he can ship from France also, but it is expensive too).

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 636
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:41 am 
 

They're rather rare, but not exceedingly so.   Its pretty hard to do a search for them without getting flooded with miniature figures.  The only distinctive thing (other than their size) is their publisher, 21st Century Games.



eBay listings



http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts ... GenreID_E_

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 125
Joined: Oct 27, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2017
Location: Atop a heap of slain orcs

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:55 am 
 

Anybody who knows me, knows I love these things.....I have the entire 1st ed collection in an index card box. I love the look on other collectors faces when I tell them I have the entire set of hardbacks, sets and Greyhawk box in my bag.....they usually figger I have it on disc- plus the entire DL series......whoo! Yes, I am a hypocrite, I hate the DL series top play but the are very nice looking mods.....


Bree-Yark!

  


Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 357
Joined: Feb 21, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 07, 2021
Location: Donaghadee

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:50 pm 
 

there are two DL boxed sets of the minis in my local gaming store gathering dust on the top shelf. Spotted them when I was out for a few beers with red_bus a while ago.

They're marked down from the original price.


An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3454
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Sep 22, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:59 am 
 

I've found the busy_bee seller on eBay has a selection of miniature books at around 3x4 inches. May be worth a look for you.


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5645
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:53 am 
 

Was it you that I sent my minis to? I remember being very happy that I had found someone who collected them.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 636
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:13 pm 
 

If anyone has any of the mini's they're looking to unload, send me a pm.

I already have some, so I'm looking for any except the following:
Monster Manual
Monster Manual II
Fiend Folio
Wilderness Survival Guide
Dungeoneers Survival Guide
Legends & Lore
Manual of the Planes
Greyhawk Adventures
DragonLance Adventures
Elminster's Ecologies

Thanks in advance!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 125
Joined: Oct 27, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2017
Location: Atop a heap of slain orcs

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:35 pm 
 

Hey Frank,

I think that was me you sent your minis to! And yes, I'm pretty happy with them. So far the DMG and PHB are way harder to find than any of the others. Thanks again, bud.


Bree-Yark!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5645
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:56 am 
 

No need to thank me. I was glad to see them go to a good home.
If I run across any more, I will certainly let you know!


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2496
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Sep 22, 2021
Location: France / Cité des Papes

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:14 pm 
 

if someone are still interested in these mini books, this seller has some of them to sell



eBay listings

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 590
Joined: Nov 10, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 15, 2020
Location: NYC

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:46 pm 
 

They make these by running them through the dryer. If you can't find any or afford them, just go ahead and make your own. It might take a couple of shots to get it right, but there ya go!


"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6402
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 23, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:04 am 
 

scribe wrote:They make these by running them through the dryer. If you can't find any or afford them, just go ahead and make your own. It might take a couple of shots to get it right, but there ya go!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 590
Joined: Nov 10, 2002
Last Visit: Oct 15, 2020
Location: NYC

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:57 pm 
 

:wink:

I should like to add, for your approval, that the tiny, tiny, tiny books need a full 60 minutes at high temperature. The tiny, tiny books need about 45 minutes at high. And the tiny only need about 20 minutes or so.


"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 283
Joined: Sep 07, 2004
Last Visit: May 22, 2021
Location: Well, you guess...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 am 
 

... so what are these worth now?  Nobleknight lists them at rather high prices: http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts ... GenreID_E_

  

User avatar

** Banned **

Posts: 1213
Joined: Aug 04, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2013

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:26 pm 
 

frankfromgermany wrote:... so what are these worth now?  Nobleknight lists them at rather high prices: http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts ... GenreID_E_


Evidently people pay Aaron's prices occasionally, but to my mind these are outrageously high. I'm sure I'll get a lecture from resellers about how you list the price you want and with patience someone will bite in the long-term, but I still can't fathom pricing relatively common items such as these at 2x to 3x what they would go for in a standard 7-day eBay auction. I don't follow these specifically, but they come up all the time and sell for reasonable final bids.


Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2566
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:38 pm 
 

From what I've seen (and I don't collect these either, it's just casual observation), the box sets come up less frequently than the books, and of the books the DMG is hardest to find/most in demand.


Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3825
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Sep 16, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:52 pm 
 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:
Evidently people pay Aaron's prices occasionally, but to my mind these are outrageously high. I'm sure I'll get a lecture from resellers about how you list the price you want and with patience someone will bite in the long-term, but I still can't fathom pricing relatively common items such as these at 2x to 3x what they would go for in a standard 7-day eBay auction. I don't follow these specifically, but they come up all the time and sell for reasonable final bids.


These are at least uncommon. I don't track them but I do check out noble knight to see what the high end of the market is looking like.

One thing a reseller like NK needs to look at is the cost to restock the item. No point in selling it at a price you would have to pay to replace it. NK has just chosen to push the high end envelope and wait for that white whale rather than dropping the price to chud values and seeing what sharks come to bite.

  

User avatar

** Banned **

Posts: 1213
Joined: Aug 04, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2013

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:57 pm 
 

JasonZavoda wrote:
These are at least uncommon. I don't track them but I do check out noble knight to see what the high end of the market is looking like.

One thing a reseller like NK needs to look at is the cost to restock the item. No point in selling it at a price you would have to pay to replace it. NK has just chosen to push the high end envelope and wait for that white whale rather than dropping the price to chud values and seeing what sharks come to bite.


Certainly. I myself have occasionally paid Aaron's premium prices, and did not in any way mean to suggest there's anything wrong with pricing high. On some level I appreciate it, as I always know that if I absolutely "must have" something, that I can go to someone like him and find it. If these were priced everywhere at $10 apiece, they'd fly off the shelves. The box sets do seem to be somewhat less common than the reproductions of the hardcovers.


Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6087
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 22, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:37 pm 
 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:If these were priced everywhere at $10 apiece, they'd fly off the shelves. The box sets do seem to be somewhat less common than the reproductions of the hardcovers.


$10 a piece is generally what the "hardcovers" sell for with the exception of the DMG which seems to be what most people are missing.  This is probably because a seller/distributor in Italy had everything except this in bulk (and may still have a large supply).

The boxed sets are rarer and tend to sell a bit higher but it really depends on the set.  Elminster Ecologies sells cheap and would probably not hit $20.  The others are a bit more popular.  There really isn't much competition for people willing to pay $30 or more each though.

For most people these are probably more a curiosity but paying the same or more for a miniaturized version is not where they want to spend their money.

There have been a few sets for sale and these usually command a good price.  This run of stuff is a pain to complete.

 WWW  
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 21, 2