Tiny Tiny Tiny 1st - 2nd Edition Core Rulebooks TSR
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:16 am 

I remember seeing auction listings by random searching for miniature palm size editions of TSr 1st edition core rulebooks.. PHB.MM,DMG and others, they were just like the originals in text and pages only very tiny, I thought these were cool as you could fit the DMG in your back pocket. Just trying to figure out the proper search words to find these on ebay as I would like to accuire some. I know they are fairly rare. Anybody have some or any suggestions?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:15 am 

Afrika Corps wrote:I remember seeing auction listings by random searching for miniature palm size editions of TSr 1st edition core rulebooks.. PHB.MM,DMG and others, they were just like the originals in text and pages only very tiny, I thought these were cool as you could fit the DMG in your back pocket. Just trying to figure out the proper search words to find these on ebay as I would like to accuire some. I know they are fairly rare. Anybody have some or any suggestions?

That is geek stuff, definitely :D
Not an advice, but try this seller poumba26, it should have some tiny tiny tiny  :wink:  core rulebooks to sell.
At this time he has nothing to sell, but I am pretty sure that he has some exemplaries left. I have bought some a month ago, in an excellent shape.
But beware, it is from belgium, so don't forget the shipping costs (he can ship from France also, but it is expensive too).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:41 am 

They're rather rare, but not exceedingly so.   Its pretty hard to do a search for them without getting flooded with miniature figures.  The only distinctive thing (other than their size) is their publisher, 21st Century Games.

eBay listings

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts ... GenreID_E_

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:55 am 

Anybody who knows me, knows I love these things.....I have the entire 1st ed collection in an index card box. I love the look on other collectors faces when I tell them I have the entire set of hardbacks, sets and Greyhawk box in my bag.....they usually figger I have it on disc- plus the entire DL series......whoo! Yes, I am a hypocrite, I hate the DL series top play but the are very nice looking mods.....

Bree-Yark!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:50 pm 

there are two DL boxed sets of the minis in my local gaming store gathering dust on the top shelf. Spotted them when I was out for a few beers with red_bus a while ago.

They're marked down from the original price.

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:59 am 

I've found the busy_bee seller on eBay has a selection of miniature books at around 3x4 inches. May be worth a look for you.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:53 am 

Was it you that I sent my minis to? I remember being very happy that I had found someone who collected them.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:13 pm 

If anyone has any of the mini's they're looking to unload, send me a pm.

I already have some, so I'm looking for any except the following:
Monster Manual
Monster Manual II
Fiend Folio
Wilderness Survival Guide
Dungeoneers Survival Guide
Legends & Lore
Manual of the Planes
Greyhawk Adventures
DragonLance Adventures
Elminster's Ecologies

Thanks in advance!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:35 pm 

Hey Frank,

I think that was me you sent your minis to! And yes, I'm pretty happy with them. So far the DMG and PHB are way harder to find than any of the others. Thanks again, bud.

Bree-Yark!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:56 am 

No need to thank me. I was glad to see them go to a good home.
If I run across any more, I will certainly let you know!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:14 pm 

if someone are still interested in these mini books, this seller has some of them to sell

eBay listings

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:46 pm 

They make these by running them through the dryer. If you can't find any or afford them, just go ahead and make your own. It might take a couple of shots to get it right, but there ya go!

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:04 am 

scribe wrote:They make these by running them through the dryer. If you can't find any or afford them, just go ahead and make your own. It might take a couple of shots to get it right, but there ya go!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:57 pm 

:wink:

I should like to add, for your approval, that the tiny, tiny, tiny books need a full 60 minutes at high temperature. The tiny, tiny books need about 45 minutes at high. And the tiny only need about 20 minutes or so.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 am 

... so what are these worth now?  Nobleknight lists them at rather high prices: http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts ... GenreID_E_

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:26 pm 

frankfromgermany wrote:... so what are these worth now?  Nobleknight lists them at rather high prices: http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts ... GenreID_E_

Evidently people pay Aaron's prices occasionally, but to my mind these are outrageously high. I'm sure I'll get a lecture from resellers about how you list the price you want and with patience someone will bite in the long-term, but I still can't fathom pricing relatively common items such as these at 2x to 3x what they would go for in a standard 7-day eBay auction. I don't follow these specifically, but they come up all the time and sell for reasonable final bids.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:38 pm 

From what I've seen (and I don't collect these either, it's just casual observation), the box sets come up less frequently than the books, and of the books the DMG is hardest to find/most in demand.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:52 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:
Evidently people pay Aaron's prices occasionally, but to my mind these are outrageously high. I'm sure I'll get a lecture from resellers about how you list the price you want and with patience someone will bite in the long-term, but I still can't fathom pricing relatively common items such as these at 2x to 3x what they would go for in a standard 7-day eBay auction. I don't follow these specifically, but they come up all the time and sell for reasonable final bids.

These are at least uncommon. I don't track them but I do check out noble knight to see what the high end of the market is looking like.

One thing a reseller like NK needs to look at is the cost to restock the item. No point in selling it at a price you would have to pay to replace it. NK has just chosen to push the high end envelope and wait for that white whale rather than dropping the price to chud values and seeing what sharks come to bite.

Next