Value of Birthright sets
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:54 am 

Thanks Mars,

What are your thoughts on the Boxed Set. There are some in shops that are very highly priced?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:04 am 

Mars wrote:

I usually think this is worth about $25.  They are somewhat rare but another will come along.  This book was released with issue #130 of Polyhedron to RPGA members.  I picked up a copy a couple months back in a lot for $15.

Here's a link to the one posted on the Tome of Treasures:

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15201

Auction just closed ....... A$86.50  or US$65.00  8O

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:21 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:What are your thoughts on the Boxed Set.

None of the boxed sets stand out as being a rare or garnering large prices like say Planescape.  Although Birthright probably does better than Al-Qadim and Dark Sun.  I haven't paid more than $25 for any of them.  When I was buying them, I remember them being really hit and miss.  Most of the modules I would probably value at around $5-$7 and Magecraft and Spellcraft around $15.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:56 am 

I just found the Cities of the Sun campaign expansion for CAN $18.

Robert Blezard
"I write; therefore, I am!"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:03 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Thanks Mars,

What are your thoughts on the Boxed Set. There are some in shops that are very highly priced?

Well, I'm not Mars but I can tell you from personal experience that I almost never come across any Birthright boxed sets or sourcebooks in  the original shrinkwrap, locally, here in Edmonton.

The Cities of the Sun box I just found is the only Birthright box that I've been able to find unused. Birthright products seem to be very rare in my area.

Robert Blezard
"I write; therefore, I am!"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:09 pm 

Except for the campaign boxset and a few of the books I managed to obtain most of the birthright stuff in shrink and at little cost (ie less than retail).  Some of it from White Knight as well (edmonton).

Key with Birthright stuff (like any other) is patience.  It is not rare and most items come up frequently on ebay.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:10 pm 

Most of my modules are in shrink and all of the thin boxed sets are in shrink.  Finding a campaign setting in shrink is probably the hardest of the lot - most people seem to open that.

Patience is the key to collecting.  I picked up a lot of the Dark Sun and some Birthright stuff from a store (about 6 years ago) that was liquidating all their D&D stuff at 65% off.  Some Planescape items are about the only setting that you will probably end up paying more than cover.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:09 am 

I was just looking at the free PDF Birthright module at WotC (I note that Hogunmark can be downloaded as a free PDF) and saw that you can download a game called Legacy of Kings. Was this ever released as a boxed game or was it always an electronic thing?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:17 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Was this ever released as a boxed game or was it always an electronic thing?

It was never released but I think it might have been planned to be released (would have to check the catalogs).  There were a few items such as one of the novels that you can also download.

Previous