Value of Birthright sets
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:09 am 

Just curious if anyone has an idea as to how much Birthright stuff goes for these days, as a buddy of mine needs to sell his stuff. Most if not all of it is in very good condition, perhaps even better than that iirc, but it has been a llittle while since I've seen it. Any help and or advice would be extreme;y appreciated. Thanks!

" I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!  My life is my own"- The Prisoner

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:35 am 

Rhone Ethenkhar wrote:Just curious if anyone has an idea as to how much Birthright stuff goes for these days, as a buddy of mine needs to sell his stuff. Most if not all of it is in very good condition, perhaps even better than that iirc, but it has been a llittle while since I've seen it. Any help and or advice would be extreme;y appreciated. Thanks!

The main box set goes in the $20-30 range, more if unused condition
Naval battle box, Magecraft maybe over $20.00
Small boxsets $5-$15 more if you get lucky
Players secrets guides $2-$5 average
Miniature boxsets $30-$50 if complete

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:57 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Players secrets guides $2-$5 average

...except for hogunmark which comes rather 15-20 USD... (even more if youre lucky!)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:03 am 

aia wrote:
...except for hogunmark which comes rather 15-20 USD... (even more if youre lucky!)

Yes it does go for more, if anyone has one let me know and I will give you $20.00 for it :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:05 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
Yes it does go for more, if anyone has one let me know and I will give you $20.00 for it :D

...you mean that it could come more than 20???

8O

...i got mine for 9!  8) so, i'm a kicking ass!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:07 am 

aia wrote:
...you mean that it could come more than 20???

8O

...i got mine for 9!  8) so, i'm a kicking ass!!!

Actually $20 - $25 is a good value for Hogunmark, it is the only birthright item I am missing though.  I do have a copy of it I downloaded from the Wizards site; I would just like an original.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:09 am 

Wow, you guys are quick on the draw! :) I'll be sure to check and see what my friend has got, and compare. IIrc, he has most of the stuff that got produced for it (but not all the little domain places, like Roesone for example; I got that one, as I was supposed to rule it). Also, while I'm thinking about it, does anyone know why it never really seemed to catch on? Or is that just my weird  perception of things? I thought it was pretty solid and had high production values  imho, and for the very short time I did get to play it, it was a hell of a lot of fun.  Anyway, thanks for all your reponses. Much appreciated!

" I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!  My life is my own"- The Prisoner

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:21 am 

I was unaware that there were more than two copies of any given Birthright publication.

I just figured there was only one copy...in continuous circulation, like a Christmas fruitcake.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:23 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I was unaware that there were more than two copies of any given Birthright publication.

I just figured there was only one copy...in continuous circulation, like a Christmas fruitcake.

Come on it was not as bad as christmas fruitcake  :lol:  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:30 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I just figured there was only one copy...in continuous circulation, like a Christmas fruitcake.

mmmhhh... sounds like a joke but i miss the story of xmas fruitcake... what happens with it? everybody can chew it for a bit and then pass it to someone else?  :roll:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:14 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Come on it was not as bad as christmas fruitcake  :lol:  :lol:

I knew a guy who dropped a fruitcake on his foot.  He was on crutches for three weeks.  On the flipside, I knew a couple of guys who played in a Birthright campaign.  One of them is in a psychiatric hospital.  After his character died, he drank a fifth of gin, took off all his clothes, painted his entire body yellow, and tried to rape a seeing-eye dog.  The other guy is in state prison for blowing up a neighbors car with 38 cases of Mentos and 17 gallons of Diet Coke.

Nah...just kidding.  I made up the fruitcake story.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:18 pm 

aia....I don't know how fruitcake is viewed in Europe.  

Most Americans consider candied orange peels to be inedible.  The joke is that no one ever eats a Christmas fruitcake...they just give it to someone else.

Mark   8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:24 pm 

I guess you guys really hate Birthright. I thought it was ok. But, in regards to fruitcake (which I despise) one interesting thing about it is that it does not go bad, or I should say, it always remains edible regardless of whether or not your country views it as such ;)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:29 pm 

Rhone Ethenkhar wrote:I guess you guys really hate Birthright.

I found Birthright to be an interesting read, but never got around to actually playing it.  If it had been released a few years earlier, I think it might have fared better.  A lot of people were hanging up the armor for good by the time Birthright came around.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:34 pm 

Rhone Ethenkhar wrote:I guess you guys really hate Birthright.

Good concept, difficult to GM, may have been better as a war game.(not RPG)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:47 pm 

Rhone Ethenkhar wrote:I guess you guys really hate Birthright. I thought it was ok. But, in regards to fruitcake (which I despise) one interesting thing about it is that it does not go bad, or I should say, it always remains edible regardless of whether or not your country views it as such ;)

Nah, I dont hate Birthright....I just give it a hard time just like I do Dark Sun and the Ravenloft campaign setting.  I can't help it.  How can you take a classic module like Ravenloft and butcher it the way they did with the setting?  Blech.  :P

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:00 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Nah, I dont hate Birthright....I just give it a hard time just like I do Dark Sun and the Ravenloft campaign setting.  I can't help it.  How can you take a classic module like Ravenloft and butcher it the way they did with the setting?  Blech.  :P

Easy take all the 'cool' things about D&D and movies concepts and mash them all together. Land of Drow..awesome, oh how about Illithiads..we need those, Lich..uh don't forget werewolves, oh wererats are cool, hum..zombie, yeah more undead..oh then on that regard how about a mummy, yeah Egypt is cool right? Hum what ideas from movies can we cram in..Frankenstein, yep add that, uh lets go back to undead, yeah undead..ghosts, haunted house..bingo, oh oh I got it, lets take Soth and add him, wait ain't he in DragonLance, yeah but we can do what we want so just add him....

Actually I love Ravenloft (old and new), but from the get go I thought thats all the world was - just the 'cool' things from D&D at the time that they actually made work. Course it gained a good history when the Grand Conjunction made the place a bit more realistic.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=pr ... /953937200
This will more then likely be the last Ravenloft Product for a while, and for those discussing BITD, expect more treatment like this for some of the old adventures.

On Topic: Haven't read much of Birthright, though have most of it. Also it can be had for cheaper, unless it is popular now (haen't checked in a while).

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:11 am 

Rhone Ethenkhar wrote:I guess you guys really hate Birthright. I thought it was ok. But, in regards to fruitcake (which I despise) one interesting thing about it is that it does not go bad, or I should say, it always remains edible regardless of whether or not your country views it as such ;)

I'm just having fun.  I don't actually know anything about the Birthright publications.   :lol:

$35 for the Ravenloft module?   Strahd apparently isn't the only vampire on the loose!

Next