10th anniversary box set -extremely rare or ???
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:53 pm 

I'd like to get peoples opinion on the rarity of this item and its possible value.   I haven't seen many of them popup on the newsgroup or on ebay! I've seen more lost tamoachans for sale than 10th annivs.   I know from talking to some collectors, the 10th anniv is unimportant as it basically is a slipcase with left over modules. However to others, the item is desired tremendously. Seems like the popularity bug hasn't caught up to this rare piece yet! Lets here what the rest of you have to say about it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:10 pm 

Mkman,  Interesting topic.  I can't say I ever remember seeing the 10th anniversary stuff at all... By the time it came out in 1984/85-ish, I had started college and had stopped gaming and, of course, stop buying gaming material. I can't say that during the last year or so that I've even seen ANY of the 10th Anniversary stuff on ebay.  My guess is that it probably is rather rare stuff!   -Bazul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:25 pm 

I have seen 2 come up on Ebay. I understand someone has a shrinkwrapped one from information on this site. I lucked out and won one of the 2 off of ebay. It is in fact just a simple slipcase with regular Mods inside of it. It doesn't thrill me too much compared to other rares.  Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:47 am 

Hey Adam though its just a slipcase with normal modules, you have to look at its rarity. It pretty hard to find. The item is very underrated. Many collectors aren't too interested in it but they should. This item is just as rare as the other rare big ticket items and it looks neat! When this item gains more ground and becomes popular watch for people eagerly trying to find one.  This item is in the same predicament as the adv guild items. Unpopular and not much interest yet but in a little while both will be desired.

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:29 am 

My opinion is that the 10th anniversary packs were not, and should never be, very popular since they were essentially TSR trying to profit off of their 10th anniversary by repackaging a bunch of excess inventory into in a "collectible set".  Would have worked much better if at least one of the items was unique to the bundle.  About the only people that would be willing to pay something for it are the die-hard collectors (like myself) if it was in SW.  How does $20.00 sound Mkman?:)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:40 am 

Hey Mike, don't be trying to give away your 10th on me. :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:44 am 

Don't worry I'm not. LOL. I want some good non tsr items in trade for it!!  :lol:  :D