Dungeon Crawl Classics
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:20 am 

Gus Landt wrote:Well, since I am one of the handful of 'DCC completists', I figure my opinion should count for something here.  8)
I would say that what you have won't be worth anything.  If it was something like the Orange B3, where there was objectionable material and it was recalled & destroyed, then heck yeah!  But printing errors happen all the time, and I don't consider this any sort of 'variant' printing.
Just my 0.02

I agree with Gus. This type of "misprint" is less a collectible than a curio.  A misprint that is valuable typically contains some sort of unusual material....a simple printing error is not the sort of error that excites collectors.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:23 am 

Gus Landt wrote:Not only was that info not posted, I believe Goodman's intentions are to not make that info known.

Wasnt' printing info for 3.5 slipped out at one time?  I seem to remember seeing a figure of a 100 copies somewhere in my reading but could be wrong.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:31 am 

I believe 3.5 ran to 100 copies and 20.5 ran to 217 copies. The 17 additional copies were required to fill extra orders that they had taken but not counted when limiting ordering. 3.5 of couse was not available for ordering prior to stock appearing at the con'.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:50 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I believe 3.5 ran to 100 copies and 20.5 ran to 217 copies. The 17 additional copies were required to fill extra orders that they had taken but not counted when limiting ordering. 3.5 of couse was not available for ordering prior to stock appearing at the con'.

The old Zeitgeist Games forums (which have been lost I believe with the move to dablackmoor site) said that besides the number printed at GenCon they woud try to print more for Zeitgeist Games forum members (or those that emailed Dustin Clingman). I was reading those boards then and remember emailing Dustin, but don't recall getting any reply (though I did pick a copy up at that GenCon). What I don't recall that well is any exact printing number but it was low.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:19 am 

Gus Landt wrote
Well, since I am one of the handful of 'DCC completists'

"puts hand up to indicate another"

Got hooked, now nearly complete. Just need two non-rares. :D

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:58 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:Gus Landt wrote

Welcome aboard!  So, if you are a completist missing 2, that should mean you have 50 DCCs.  Here is the current complete list of 52 DCCs:

x (KODT #117 Deep Ruin)
0 (1st print - Dundracon version)
0 (2nd print - mass market version)
1 (1st print)
1 (2nd print)
1 (3rd print)
2 (1st print)
2 (2nd print)
3 (1st print)
3 (2nd print)
4 (1st print)
4 (2nd print)
4.5 (EN World Player's Journal #4)
5 (1st print)
5 (2nd print)
12.5 (GenCon 2006 Special Edition)
12.5 (GenCon 2006 Special Edition reprint)
27 (cover A)
27 (cover B)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:50 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:Welcome aboard!  So, if you are a completist missing 2, that should mean you have 50 DCCs.  Here is the current complete list of 52 DCCs:

x (KODT #117 Deep Ruin)
0 (1st print - Dundracon version)
0 (2nd print - mass market version)
1 (1st print)
1 (2nd print)
1 (3rd print)
2 (1st print)
2 (2nd print)
3 (1st print)
3 (2nd print)
4 (1st print)
4 (2nd print)
4.5 (EN World Player's Journal #4)
5 (1st print)
5 (2nd print)
12.5 (GenCon 2006 Special Edition)
12.5 (GenCon 2006 Special Edition reprint)
27 (cover A)
27 (cover B)

Great list Gus!  Now we need scans.  How about a Acaeum subweb dedicated to Goodman Games DCC adventures?  Would be fun.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:03 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:Gus Landt wrote

Geez...I am not a completist by any means but I do want one of each published module.  With the release of the modules that Goodman Games just reprinted I am only missing 3.5, 14, 17.5, and 20.5.  Anyone got an extra DCC #14 Dungeon Interludes they want to part with?  :wink:

Great list Gus! Now we need scans. How about a Acaeum subweb dedicated to Goodman Games DCC adventures? Would be fun.

Mike B.

Pretty darn good idea Mike.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:59 pm 

I don't have a scanner, otherwise I could scan them all.  I do however have pics of all of them from the Goodman Games site.  Don't know if we could use those though.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:34 pm 

Also wonder how much some of the DCC stuff that wasn't sold will eventually be worth.  

Example:  the player's guides for the DCC tournaments at Gencon, the GM's tourney copies of the modules, the Goodman Games bookmark that has a picture of the baddie from DCC 3.5.  Tournament trophies from Gencon.  The official colored battlemaps from the cons.  The list could go on.

Since I'm "the superfan" I'm gifted with some of this great stuff, and don't plan to sell any, but it would be nice to know that I've got some "sweet" items.

Rock on,

Ben "superfan" Waxman

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:47 pm 

benwax wrote:Also wonder how much some of the DCC stuff that wasn't sold will eventually be worth.  

Example:  the player's guides for the DCC tournaments at Gencon, the GM's tourney copies of the modules, the Goodman Games bookmark that has a picture of the baddie from DCC 3.5.  Tournament trophies from Gencon.  The official colored battlemaps from the cons.  The list could go on.

Since I'm "the superfan" I'm gifted with some of this great stuff, and don't plan to sell any, but it would be nice to know that I've got some "sweet" items.

Rock on,

Ben "superfan" Waxman

Don't forget about the catalogs (2004-06) :)

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:53 am 

Gus Landt wrote:
Welcome aboard!  So, if you are a completist missing 2, that should mean you have 50 DCCs.  Here is the current complete list of 52 DCCs:

Yep, the numbers are sure getting up there aren't they. Just missing 1st prints:
14 (as is KOP)

& looking for better condition copies of
Knights of the dinner table
&
En World.

So if anyone has any just let me know  :)

The covers are on the Goodman Games site, but as mentioned I don't know if Joseph will let them be used here or not -hopefully he would.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:03 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:Gus Landt wrote:

Yep, the numbers are sure getting up there aren't they. Just missing 1st prints:
14 (as is KOP)

&
En World.

The covers are on the Goodman Games site, but as mentioned I don't know if Joseph will let them be used here or not -hopefully he would.

Ask..
I asked for a larger pic of the cover of ToFB then the one he has on his site, which he provided and I scaled to my specifications.

http://www.acaeum.com/jg/ModPhotos/Eost ... sToFB.html

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:03 pm 

benwax wrote:Also wonder how much some of the DCC stuff that wasn't sold will eventually be worth.  

Rock on,

Ben "superfan" Waxman

I would be happy to expand my Goodman Games page in the 'Future Collectables' section of Afterglow2.com if someone could supply descriptions and details for the more unusual items. The module details and coverscans I could get, but getting specifics would require a little help. If you're interested, Gus or Ben, I'll put the time in over the Christmas break.

Incidently, for those who are interested, we may see another scenario from Ben Burns in the near future. If those who have BRI-1 through 3 give him a prod, he may get BRI-4 out in January.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:02 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:I don't have a scanner, otherwise I could scan them all.  I do however have pics of all of them from the Goodman Games site.  Don't know if we could use those though.

Wouldn't a sub-web or something similar fall under the realm of "fair use" of copyrighted material? In other words, the images would be used for informational purposes, not for any sort of gain or as an attempt to damage the rights-holder.

The only "fair use" situation I'm familiar with deals with reviews/critiques; it's okay (in the U.S., at least) to use excerpts or artwork to accompany a review. I don't know if that privilege would extend to an informational page on the web or not.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:26 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Wouldn't a sub-web or something similar fall under the realm of "fair use" of copyrighted material? In other words, the images would be used for informational purposes, not for any sort of gain or as an attempt to damage the rights-holder.

The only "fair use" situation I'm familiar with deals with reviews/critiques; it's okay (in the U.S., at least) to use excerpts or artwork to accompany a review. I don't know if that privilege would extend to an informational page on the web or not.

I don't see that cataloguing a companies publications with cover scans can in any way breach copyright law, otherwise everything that Amazon and Acaeum and any other website does is against the law. There is no legal issue here at all.

Aside.... Noble Knight Games has a Mint copy of DCC17.5 in their shop for $75. Might be worth picking up before the prices go all silly. They did have 1E DCC12.5 but they're all sold out now. :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:12 am 

plaag wrote
Ask..
I asked for a larger pic of the cover of ToFB then the one he has on his site, which he provided and I scaled to my specifications.

I hadn't had a chance to. :(

I know that Joseph is a great guy to speak to and has answered all my emails very quickly considering the work he must have on.

Very good bloke. :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:16 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:Gus Landt wrote:

14 (as is KOP)

&
En World.

Brendon or KOP for that matter, here is a #8:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Although I am not sure what print that it might be.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext