Dungeon Crawl Classics
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:01 pm 

lordan wrote:There are still a couple online stores that have some of the older #'s.

The online stores only carry the most recent printings.  I've emailed most online stores to double check (especially the stores that list earlier printings for sale), and they all verified that they only carry the latest printings.
It should be fairly easy to find recent printings of most of the early DCCs, but you won't find first printings of 1-5.
#10 is also impossible to find, but I'm sure GG will reprint that soon enough.  :)

If anyone here is a 'print nut' and really wants first printings of 1-5, I have an extra copy of each I'd sell.  Just PM me.  8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:57 pm 

I know nothing about DCC modules, how can you tell if its a first printing or not?  Do the modules state the printing number?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:31 pm 

NetRodent wrote:I know nothing about DCC modules, how can you tell if its a first printing or not?  Do the modules state the printing number?

All explained here:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 179a05f4ac
:D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:01 am 

I've just thrown this up on the Interesting Items (Non TSR) thread but thought I'd mention it here as well:

For those looking for Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classic #0 (Legends are Made, not Born) Convention Print:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I've purchased one from the seller previously (so not after a second one), and found the transaction to be hassle-free.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:10 am 

Gus Landt wrote:Very few people consider anything 'd20' to be collectible.  Some of the few exceptions to that seem to be the limited edition convention DCC modules.

Looks like the collectibility of some of the non-convention modules is starting to pick up as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I know this one is a bit harder to find but I would never have expected it to go for that much.

Or it could just be that the guy that won this auction wanted it really, really bad.  I checked and the seller also won the other DCC auctions that the seller had up.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:23 am 

Yes, I noticed he won the others also :wink:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:19 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Looks like the collectibility of some of the non-convention modules is starting to pick up as well:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I know this one is a bit harder to find but I would never have expected it to go for that much.

Or it could just be that the guy that won this auction wanted it really, really bad.  I checked and the seller also won the other DCC auctions that the seller had up.

Strange... if you check Goodman Games Website, you will notice that some of DCC now unavaible will be soon reprinted.

http://www.goodman-games.com/upcomingreleases.php

I am not sure that the different printings are collectable. Maybe the first ones with another front cover and of course the convention modules, but that's all.

DCC#42 is schedulded for january.

Next year Goodman will reach #80

8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:56 pm 

le Rahib wrote:
Strange... if you check Goodman Games Website, you will notice that some of DCC now unavaible will be soon reprinted.

http://www.goodman-games.com/upcomingreleases.php

I am not sure that the different printings are collectable. Maybe the first ones with another front cover and of course the convention modules, but that's all.

DCC#42 is schedulded for january.
Next year Goodman will reach #80
8O

I would say the collectibility of the "common" DCC modules is extremely suspect...they seem to be willing to reprint anything that isn't a limited edition item, multiple times as a matter of fact.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:58 pm 

Badmike wrote:
I would say the collectibility of the "common" DCC modules is extremely suspect...they seem to be willing to reprint anything that isn't a limited edition item, multiple times as a matter of fact.

Mike B.

Well they are in the business of making money, if  product sold out it makes sense to print more to sell.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:43 pm 

Badmike wrote:I would say the collectibility of the "common" DCC modules is extremely suspect...they seem to be willing to reprint anything that isn't a limited edition item, multiple times as a matter of fact.

Agreed. DCC collectors, I think you need to be cautious ... caveat emptor, and all that.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:44 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
Well they are in the business of making money, if  product sold out it makes sense to print more to sell.

Hey, nothing wrong with that...helps me out when I miss picking up a particular item.  But just a warning someone shouldn't be spending $30 on a "common" entry when it may just be reprinted a few months later (and typically with even more content than the original).  I do like the Goodman Games practice of changing the covers, though....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:50 am 

Badmike wrote:
Hey, nothing wrong with that...helps me out when I miss picking up a particular item.  But just a warning someone shouldn't be spending $30 on a "common" entry when it may just be reprinted a few months later (and typically with even more content than the original).  I do like the Goodman Games practice of changing the covers, though....

Mike B.

Agreed on all points for sure.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:36 am 

So far they have no plans on doing a reprint for 3.5, 17.5, 20.5

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:35 am 

Listen to you guys!  In the mid-70s, would you have passed up buying a 1st print woody because you heard they were doing a second print?  Obviously this is a diferent situation, but only one of degree, IMHO.  There are enough of us 'print freeks' who collect every printing of each DCC that there will be a collector's market on them, even if they don't get new covers/content in a newer printing.  8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:16 pm 

Man, I have enough trouble trying to collect just one of each DCC title - I can't imagine trying to collect one of each print of each title.

At the moment they're bringing out titles faster than I can buy them - out of the 36, I have about 20 I think.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:21 pm 

Personally, I think that little 'd20' symbol means 'don't buy me'. I'll spend my money on other things.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:32 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:Listen to you guys!  In the mid-70s, would you have passed up buying a 1st print woody because you heard they were doing a second print?  Obviously this is a diferent situation, but only one of degree, IMHO.  There are enough of us 'print freeks' who collect every printing of each DCC that there will be a collector's market on them, even if they don't get new covers/content in a newer printing.  8)

Gus, I'm so stupid, I passed up ALL the supermodules (A1-4, T1-4, B1-9, GDQ1-7, S1-4) when they came out, cause I had the originals, so why buy the compilations????

Mike B .

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:14 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Gus, I'm so stupid, I passed up ALL the supermodules (A1-4, T1-4, B1-9, GDQ1-7, S1-4) when they came out, cause I had the originals, so why buy the compilations????

Mike B .

I think a lot of us did that and paid the price for it later.

PreviousNext