Opinion - Mayfair Games - Blasted Lands #267 of 1000
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author


Collector

Posts: 3
Joined: Aug 01, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 14, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:31 pm 
 

I own a Near Mint copy of #267 0f 1000 "Blasted Lands" Tournament Dungeon module produced by Mayfair games for Dallcon in 1983.

What's it worth? Should I ebay it or keep it?


Thanks Philip.
[email protected]

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:36 pm 
 

efferon wrote:I own a Near Mint copy of #267 0f 1000 "Blasted Lands" Tournament Dungeon module produced by Mayfair games for Dallcon in 1983.

What's it worth? Should I ebay it or keep it?


Thanks Philip.
[email protected]




Hi Philip,

  Welcome to the site. I saw that you just posted a Beastmaker Mountain module of which you should plug as well:



Beastmaker Mountain





If you were to EBay it and it is in Near Mint condition that you describe, I would be quite surpised if you got anthing less than $200.00 for it.  As a matter of fact you may very well break $300.00 as the last one sold on EBay did.  There a few members here that I know of for sure that are loloking for a copy.  As for as to keep it or sell it, that is really for you to decide. :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:41 pm 
 

(Remember to sell it "US only" like the Beastmaker Mountain, in order to save us all some money over here. ;))

Personally, I thought that last one was high, owing to a certain person from the UK trying to complete their collection.
Beastmaker has the same rarity as Blasted Lands, IIRC, yet goes for a third of the price just because it doesn't have a copy number scribbled on it. Makes no particular sense to me... :)

Anyhow, Philip. Keep or sell is your call, but trying private offers over here prior to eBay probably isn't going to hurt, to let you judge the interest and possibly take the plunge without having to cut percentages for third-parties.
JM-02c & Best wishes, either way.


"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:26 am 
 

faro wrote:(Remember to sell it "US only" like the Beastmaker Mountain, in order to save us all some money over here. ;))

Personally, I thought that last one was high, owing to a certain person from the UK trying to complete their collection.
Beastmaker has the same rarity as Blasted Lands, IIRC, yet goes for a third of the price just because it doesn't have a copy number scribbled on it. Makes no particular sense to me... :)

Anyhow, Philip. Keep or sell is your call, but trying private offers over here prior to eBay probably isn't going to hurt, to let you judge the interest and possibly take the plunge without having to cut percentages for third-parties.
JM-02c & Best wishes, either way.


actually blasted lands went very high

1. burnie bros were selling
2. me and blackmoore put way OTT bids in "thinking nobody sane enough would possibly want it that much" but hey there you go

its a very cool item though and it will always be in demand. and in the last 2 years, its rarer than the majority of the rares too :)

beastmaker should still pull you a fair few $ too. advertise them well and put up some nice pics and describe it v.well.

THANKFULLY i dont have to bid on these anymore :D

still after nanorien stones tho.

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:29 am 
 

and cos i am such a nice guy and so as to not naff off BC cos i have one anyway i wont even partake in bidding on them either ;)

*waves to BC*

Al



  


Collector

Posts: 3
Joined: Aug 01, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 14, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:52 am 
 

Thanks for helping. I was shocked at the estimated prices and will be listing Blasted Lands, after taking a bunch more pictures.  

Philip.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:50 am 
 

efferon wrote:Thanks for helping. I was shocked at the estimated prices and will be listing Blasted Lands, after taking a bunch more pictures.  

Philip.


Phil...

before you stick it on ebay though, would be worth you advertising it in the classifieds on this forum and possibly invite private offers.

if you stick it on ebay it is quite likely that someone from here will win it (looks at blackmoor :D) and that being the case, you would save yourself a bunch of ebay fees. you havent got anything to lose by that of course, and if it didnt pan out to a figure that you had possibly been hoping for, you could put it on ebay anyway.

Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:59 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Phil...

before you stick it on ebay though, would be worth you advertising it in the classifieds on this forum and possibly invite private offers.

if you stick it on ebay it is quite likely that someone from here will win it (looks at blackmoor :D) and that being the case, you would save yourself a bunch of ebay fees. you havent got anything to lose by that of course, and if it didnt pan out to a figure that you had possibly been hoping for, you could put it on ebay anyway.

Al


I may take a stab on it on ebay 8)

I am always open to private offers as well :D


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:03 am 
 

Blackmoor wrote:
I may take a stab on it on ebay 8)

I am always open to private offers as well :D


lol :D

well i hope you get it chummer cos we really did hammer it out last time!

Al



  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1