"Special" Elmore prints
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:29 pm 

Greetings all.  I need some opinions on a group of art prints I'd like to purge from my collection.  I've got a trio of lithographs by Larry Elmore which are no longer available in that format and are extremely low numbers in the limited edition scheme. These are "Deadlock" (6/2000), "Crystal Shard" (3/2000), and "Death of Sturm" (2/2000). All are signed by Larry but also include my name--"Good Gaming, Bret" in ink below the pics. I guess one could just frame over that bit but then you'd lose the names of the pieces as well.

So just why am I selling these, you ask? Well, I ordered these prints back in '03 from Larry's site. When they arrived, all was as expected. However, not long after this, a second batch of the same prints arrived at my door. "Huh?" I thought. Being the honest person I am, I emailed Elmore's site to tell them about the mix up and prepared to return this second set (which also included the same personalizations as the first). This was the response from Andrea West via email on 4/21/03...

"Bret, this was our mistake, we realized it this morning, so they are yours. TSR owns the right to those prints, and we were recently informed that we could only sell them if they were sold as a limited edition, so we actually just started numbering them...lucky for you as you got some of the first numbers. :)"

Sure enough, the first batch of prints had no such numbering, which I hadn't even noticed. So, I decided to frame those "illegal" ones and keep the other batch in the cloest...until now!  So what about these numbered but already personalized prints?  Will anyone want them or am I doomed to have two sets of prints?

Bret Boyd
Freelance Writer
---------------------
Freelancer's Rest (my blog)

WWW YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:57 pm 

Probably a good place to start are what size are the prints and what did they initially sell for on Elmore's website?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:31 pm 

All three are 11" x 17" and, IIRC, retailed for $45 a piece (though it's been a few years so I'm not positive).

Bret Boyd
Freelance Writer
---------------------
Freelancer's Rest (my blog)

WWW YIM