Dungeon Geomorphs
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:16 pm 

Howdy, I've been looking for a set of dungeon & outdoor geomorphs ever since I gave my own set away to a friend of mine many years ago and I just located some on ebay.  I am assuming that are pretty hard to find, at least because I have been looking for some for what seems forever & this may be the first sets that I have been able to locate while looking. Anyone happen to know exactly how hard these things are to find? For reference, here is the auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8823318942

Any input would be appreciated.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:41 pm 

thehiddenone wrote:Howdy, I've been looking for a set of dungeon & outdoor geomorphs ever since I gave my own set away to a friend of mine many years ago and I just located some on ebay.  I am assuming that are pretty hard to find, at least because I have been looking for some for what seems forever & this may be the first sets that I have been able to locate while looking. Anyone happen to know exactly how hard these things are to find? For reference, here is the auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8823318942

Any input would be appreciated.

Me...I hope they are not too hard or at least not too expensive.  :roll:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:49 pm 

If you find a set, you are most likely gonna pay. Expect $75 range for a clean set.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:56 pm 

All my geos will be going soon. I've never used them, so I can't justify keeping them.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:29 pm 

Same here. Over the last 6 years, I've only seen a handful of the Dungeon Geomorph Sets 2 and 3 come up (complete) and have never managed to snag one for a reasonable price (for me, about $20).

Some day, I'll probably break down and go begging in the Classifieds. Some day. But not today (said in my best Klingon voice).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:05 pm 

evl wrote:Same here. Over the last 6 years, I've only seen a handful of the Dungeon Geomorph Sets 2 and 3 come up (complete) and have never managed to snag one for a reasonable price (for me, about $20).

Some day, I'll probably break down and go begging in the Classifieds. Some day. But not today (said in my best Klingon voice).

Ok, I hate to give up my trade secrets, and this might not be one of them. Watch for old D&D basic sets. Every so often they will be thrown in with the Holmes box set. Although, I have to say, I have never got my hands on an Outdoor set that way.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:05 am 

bbarsh wrote:
evl wrote:Same here. Over the last 6 years, I've only seen a handful of the Dungeon Geomorph Sets 2 and 3 come up (complete) and have never managed to snag one for a reasonable price (for me, about $20).

Ok, I hate to give up my trade secrets, and this might not be one of them. Watch for old D&D basic sets. Every so often they will be thrown in with the Holmes box set. Although, I have to say, I have never got my hands on an Outdoor set that way.

It happens every once in awhile... 8)

They had been cut up though  8O

It didn't have the book though  :cry:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:43 pm 

bbarsh wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion bbarsh. I'll see if that dog 'l hunt.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:57 pm 

Hi, I have posted my Geomorphs and M&T assortments on eBay and have gotten an offer for all 3 Geomorphs of $72. I am not a fan of halting an auction once it has started. Although, the offer came from someone who is the highest bidder on all 3 currently. Does $72 sound reasonable (plus shipping)? To see the condition, just go to the listing under dcbyrd. Thanks.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:13 pm 

> http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/misc.html

Nice condition, even allowing for those hole punches: wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of swapping around on cover sheets, etc.
A bit on the cheap side given that, IMO, but your call: would need to be careful with eBay on ending to highest bidder, of course... and given that you're likely to have other bids incoming now. :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:32 pm 

ryan_c_byrd wrote:Hi, I have posted my Geomorphs and M&T assortments on eBay and have gotten an offer for all 3 Geomorphs of $72. I am not a fan of halting an auction once it has started. Although, the offer came from someone who is the highest bidder on all 3 currently. Does $72 sound reasonable (plus shipping)? To see the condition, just go to the listing under dcbyrd. Thanks.

To answer your question it depends on condition.
I was not able to find your listings...

Now on to the matter of my opinion of your statement above.
If he/she (the so-called Highest Bidder Currently...) was the ONLY bidder, then I see no relevant reason not to change them to Buy It Now listings...
Or if you really wanted, to end them all and sell them all off-line (Against E-Bay policy, but if no other bidders, I have no problems with it myself).

BUT If he/she was only the highest bidder out of more than one....?
Did you concider the OTHER bidders before ending those listings early?
The other bidders would (I think) have an E-Bay dispute case against you if there were others.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:58 pm 

Thanks for the fast replies.  I took care to keep the pages with the correct covers.  I do not think they have been swapped.

Here is one link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

I also have issue ending an auction after bidding has started if others have bid.  Mainly interested in the value.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:00 pm 

I also saw the link to the values on this page, but those values were from ages ago.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:05 pm 

ryan_c_byrd wrote:Thanks for the fast replies.  I took care to keep the pages with the correct covers.  I do not think they have been swapped.

Here is one link:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I also have issue ending an auction after bidding has started if others have bid.  Mainly interested in the value.

I am not one of the sharper Internet/E-Bay Guys here, so I was unable to find anything with just your name...

Was about to do a search of Geomorphs when I saw your last post.

THANKS for the link...

Looking at your pics, I think $72 is cheap for all three Dungeon Geo sets combined but it was not an insulting offer.

For me, the first set being partly hole punched brings that sets collectable value down, but the other two sets look good to me.

I suspect that your listings will net a good amount more though.

If your listings are allowed to run as is.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:20 pm 

Thanks for the info.  I think I am not going to stop the auction.  I appreciate all the quick responses.

Any idea how to confirm which pages belong to which cover sheets (besides the caverns)?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:42 pm 

ryan_c_byrd wrote:Thanks for the info.  I think I am not going to stop the auction.  I appreciate all the quick responses.

Thanks for inquiring first. You have plenty of time on your auctions, and I think the $70 is on the low side as the others have said. I'm guessing you'll wind up over $100 for all three geomorphs, but it is hard to guage with the economy.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:05 pm 

misterspock wrote:Thanks for inquiring first. You have plenty of time on your auctions, and I think the $70 is on the low side as the others have said. I'm guessing you'll wind up over $100 for all three geomorphs, but it is hard to guage with the economy.

As Gnat said, the three-hole punches may keep the value down.

[Edit 1:  OK, the Geomorphs are currently going for a combined total of $99.60  :oops: ]

Last edited by JohnGaunt on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:44 pm 

ryan_c_byrd wrote:I think I am not going to stop the auction.

Glad to see this.  IMHO this is a low move, and I think you will do better keeping it running.  I would not go so far as to say the offer is an attempt to screw you, as it would not be a total shock for the auction to end under 70, but if I were to bet, I would bet the over.

Next