A Game of Thrones RPG (Deluxe Limited Edition)
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:06 pm 

I can find a few listings for this book (ISBN 1588469417) on www.abebooks.com. What I can't find are any copies that are signed by George R. R. Martin. Any ideas on value if I were to try and sell it?

Thanx!

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:32 pm 

There were 2500 of these made and sold for the initial release and all should be signed and numbered.
Value should still be $100.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:36 am 

Does 2500 make them instant collector's items...or does the signature add anything.

I handled one in Barnes and Noble the other day, thinking, "Dude, you guys are three years late and $25 too expensive."

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:36 am 

All 2500 of them were signed? None of the listings I've found indicate that. Hmmm.

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:58 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Does 2500 make them instant collector's items...or does the signature add anything.

I handled one in Barnes and Noble the other day, thinking, "Dude, you guys are three years late and $25 too expensive."

Mark

Was that the deluxe version or the standard...the standard is $50 I think.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:43 am 

There's a DELUXE version?

This thing is priced to sell only as a novelty, to rabid fans of the series, as it is.  I figure its main value might be as a coffee table book and conversation piece.   8O

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:47 am 

Is there a D20 book for Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series?

I can see the introduction"

"OK...there are three things to remember in this campaign setting:  First, the world is square.  Second, nothing makes much sense.  Third, no one acts logically.  If the DM can remember these three nuances, there is no reason why your campaign cannot stretch into endless episodes where nothing happens except whining."   :lol:

Mark   8)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:24 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Is there a D20 book for Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series?

I can see the introduction"

"OK...there are three things to remember in this campaign setting:  First, the world is square.  Second, nothing makes much sense.  Third, no one acts logically.  If the DM can remember these three nuances, there is no reason why your campaign cannot stretch into endless episodes where nothing happens except whining."   :lol:

Mark   8)

Yes there is :!:   Strangely enough it is called the Wheel of time RPG

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:55 am 

Wheel of Time came out shortly after the D20 started.  As far as I know they only had one hardcover campaign setting book and the Prophecies of the Dragon adventure book.  Any reason why more stuff didn't come out?

With about 10,000 pages of novels, you would think they could develop something.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:22 pm 

Mars wrote:With about 10,000 pages of novels, you would think they could develop something.

but if you take out all the boring parts where sod-all happens that doesnt make you sleep withing 15 seconds of reading a page, youre left with about 25 pages..... hardly worth developing anything imo.

Al

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:22 pm 

The Wraith wrote:All 2500 of them were signed? None of the listings I've found indicate that. Hmmm.

Don't know why not, but yeah initially the print run was to be 1000 (with 500 signed), but they increased the print run to 2500 to meet the demand (and yes they sold that many)..I assume they had them all signed, I've neard no news otherwise. The deluxe version has both Tri-Stat rules and d20 rules, plus in spine book marks, and silver edged paper. (It was only this edition that was signed)

Wheel of Time: those 2 supplements were good books from WoTC, at least for setting info (though it has now been soem years since I last read anything from Jordan.)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:18 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:There's a DELUXE version?

This thing is priced to sell only as a novelty, to rabid fans of the series, as it is.  I figure its main value might be as a coffee table book and conversation piece.   8O

Mark   8)

The seem to sell well some of the time on eBay. The ones I watched always semmed to go for more than the ones I missed. I ended up getting one at HPB...it was $24.98 but I had a 40% off coupon good for one item....

I actually got a first printing of the Game of Thrones novel in hardcover for $6.98...I have seen that sell for a pretty penny as well.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen