games workshop newsletters
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:24 am 

hey guys.

i just found these again. lent them out a while back to a mate and only just found them.... do you think they are worth anything or might be collectable by anyone?

will do pics/scans if requested:

games workshop mail order form / price list - may-july 1983

games workshop "light catalogue" of what will be found on stand 39 at games day - doesnt give a date, but i am guessing around 1983

Games Workshop Mailing Club Newsletter - number 4 - november/december 1982 (it advertises dark tower & inferno!!)

Games Workshop Mailing Club Newsletter - number 5 - january/february 1983 - this one has some yellow highlighting on it

Games Workshop Mailing Club Newsletter - number 6 - march/april 1983

Games Workshop Mailing Club Newsletter - number 7 - may/june 1983

Games Workshop Mailing Club Newsletter - number 8 - june/july 1983

think they are worth anything?

Al

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:56 am 

Hey, Al. I'd happily fork out a couple of notes for the Club Newsletters, but judging by some of the GW crazies out there (e.g. viewtopic.php?p=52550&highlight=#52550 ) you might be able to get a bit more.
Their "wants lists" appear to be very specific, though, and the chances are that these might not even appear on their search patterns unless you tweak the descriptions.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:17 am 

Those cat always pull in good $$... good miniture reference material aparently...

Is it lsited as the Mailing News at all?? These are probably the free "newsletter" that was sent to White Dwarf subscribers, basically listing upcomming items and some quizes I think, there were 13 issues and then it was replaced by "The Black Sun" zine which had a bit more editorial content as well. I'd be interested to know if there is anything other in em?? I'll have a copy of at least one of them please.

Brette:)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:37 am 

beasterbrook wrote:Those cat always pull in good $$... good miniture reference material aparently...

The catalogs, yes... but was still a pretty outlandish price even on that scale. :)

beasterbrook wrote:Is it lsited as the Mailing News at all?? These are probably the free "newsletter" that was sent to White Dwarf subscribers

Never picked mine up on subscription. (Helped to try to keep the shop in Edinburgh in business...). Hrmm... in which case they should be dirt-common??

Still doesn't ring a bell with me in that context, though, and neither do the dates match the WD printing schedule which was monthly by that stage.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:01 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Games Workshop Mailing Club Newsletter - number 4 - november/december 1982 (it advertises dark tower & inferno!!)

Al

If I can just have a scan of that advertisement before you go off and sell it, it would be much appreciated.

ShaneG.