World of Silverdawn? any info on this
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:13 pm 

A friend of mine is looking for a  copy of this item. Its a realatively thin ( I think no more than 30 pages or so) produced sometime around 80's. Does anyone know what what Im talking about? Value? Any additional information ? Thanks

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:39 pm 

By Jim Dutton. 20pp + Fold out map. Published 1981 by Entertainment Concepts Inc., Charlotte, NC. The last one on eBay was about the end of January. Entertainment Concepts Inc. published a dozen modules for Silverdawn.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:13 pm 

I picked up a couple of modules that were also very thin a year or two ago.  I think I paid about $3 for each of them.  Is this the one that is a play by mail world?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:38 pm 

yea I think it is a play by mail thing but it has alot of interesting descriptions of fantasy settings, peoples, places and things. There was supposedly alot of time and creation put into the silverdawn world and setting.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:04 pm 

IIRC, this is the one I had that I had filed away in Miscellaneous until that last auction. Mine was different than the auction one, I think a first print. I forget who had the other one.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:40 am 

I had it & sold the January copy to a serious collector, I think one of you all, can't remember who...I also used to own two of the modules and I still have their science fiction PBeM rules somewhere though I don't know if I'll ever find them...I also played in the game for a couple of years, it was pretty fun, being a lonely kid it was worth part of my allowance to get that letter with the new turn in the mail every week or two...

There are some neat nuggets in there though in many ways it's a fairly traditional fantasy world.

Looking for your old-school fantasy roleplaying fix? Don't despair...Fight On! Check it out at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/FightOn.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:55 pm 

i was the winner in january. i already had the booklet but needed the map. the whole line of products are mediocre in my opinion, but the map was on my want list , so.....