AC3 PRICE
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:08 am 

Uhm, please check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2545

This item is waaay out from the Acaeum price. My question: is the price on the Acaeum wrong or all the bidders are simply crazy? Myself included, of course. The Acaeum text states that most of the Accessory series is quite common, but I have to say that barring AC1, AC2, AC9 and AC 11 the other titles proved quite elusive...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:36 am 

With the exception of AC5, I have been able to find these without much problem.   I picked up 2 copies of this (AC3) over the last year without spending half as much as this auction.  (for both, one in shrinkwrap!)

I'd keep looking and if you can't find one, make me an offer I can't refuse!  (Or a trade???)   :D

Good luck!

Matt

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:50 am 

How's $60 for an Immortal box set grab you? Obviously he's a noob.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:10 am 

Ugggh!

I couldn't believe that one!   The box was all crushed too!

Crazy! 8O

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:38 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:How's $60 for an Immortal box set grab you? Obviously he's a noob.

I don't know what is the meaning of 'noob', but I'm pretty sure it's not a compliment. I'd expect some more politeness in judging other people's behaviour, but perhaps it's not your case.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:40 am 

foster1969 wrote:Ugggh!

I couldn't believe that one!   The box was all crushed too!

Crazy! 8O

I'm answering to this comment, a little offensive one I must add, only to show to that gentleman, Deadlord36, proper behaviour: I bought it because a customer of mine required it and because via Internet vendors it costed more.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:53 am 

I thinks there are definitely two types of collectors here. Those that let there fondness for the items and there emotions rule their bidding, and those for whom this is strictly a numbers game.

Just like with baseball cards durring the late 80's, I hate to see the "speculators" come in and ruin the market. But then again, I'm a free market capitalist all the way. I guess I'm torn on this issue.

• MichaelHughCigars
  • "Well, either it allows a magic-user to throw the various Bigby's hand spells, or it's a +2 backscratcher. So far, we're not sure which...."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:37 pm 

I'm answering to this comment, a little offensive one I must add, only to show to that gentleman, Deadlord36, proper behaviour: I bought it because a customer of mine required it and because via Internet vendors it costed more.

It seems that it is extremely easy to offend people on this site!  I'm sorry that my opinion offended you, but that's all it was; an opinion...  I still think it is crazy to spend more than 3x the suggested value for an item.  If that's wrong, baby, I don't want to be right!!!   :D   

Not really sure what could possibly have been offensive, (other than carrying on a conversation with Deadlord it seems...)

Please accept my apologies for any offense I may have caused you.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:36 pm 

My apologies as well. I wish I had known you needed one, you could have had mine for $50 shrinked....

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:19 am 

foster1969 wrote:

It seems that it is extremely easy to offend people on this site!  I'm sorry that my opinion offended you, but that's all it was; an opinion...  I still think it is crazy to spend more than 3x the suggested value for an item.  If that's wrong, baby, I don't want to be right!!!   :D   

Not really sure what could possibly have been offensive, (other than carrying on a conversation with Deadlord it seems...)

Please accept my apologies for any offense I may have caused you.

I accept your apologies.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:19 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:My apologies as well. I wish I had known you needed one, you could have had mine for $50 shrinked....

Perhaps next time... Apologies accepted, anyway.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:13 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:My apologies as well. I wish I had known you needed one, you could have had mine for $50 shrinked....

Cougarrinard is selling another complete copy of the AC3, but now shrinkwrapped, and the price is already beyond $ 40 (and I never uses scans for his items!): I suggest politely to revise the price on The Acaeum (unless such prices are caused by the heatwave in Europe...)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:13 pm 

Heat wave. Definitely.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:13 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Heat wave. Definitely.

Let's see some other auctions for this product then we will see if this price was caused by the heatwave or if Acaeum price was too optimistic... :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:07 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Heat wave. Definitely.

Yeah! I was wrong and I'm so happy to be so  8O ! I bought at an auction a copy of AC3 for around 20 bucks!  :D  One step more in finishing my collection...