Homebrew Character Sheets?
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:30 pm 

I acquired this in a recent lot of items.  They appear to be a pad of character sheets (in tablet format . . . that is, connecting at the top and able to be "pulled out".)

Not sure how many are there - it is about 3/4" thick.  All unused.

Double-sided - no distinguishing print info. (obviously taken from the actual 2E sheets)

Any interest?

Ian?   :D

(While I'm on the subject, I have a few typed homebrew Planescape items  that I need to check out further).

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:34 pm 

Yes, I'd be interested in bidding if you put them on eBay.
The Planescape stuff sounds intriguing. It would be good if you could post info and/or piccies of those.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:49 pm 

Looks similar to the sheets over at Dragonsfoot:

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/cs/#CS2E32

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:51 pm 

I think these were similar to all the other character sheet sets. I'll check mine to make sure.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:51 pm 

would definitely be interested. Do they seem of better quality than the original green/white 2 ed ones. Those get beat to crap so fast and I plan on using them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:11 pm 

Truthfully, I think Zhowar is on to something.  They look very simialr to the ones that Dragonsfoot offers as a free download

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:14 pm 

Yeah, I just happened to look at those the other day. The Supplies (Water/Wine, Rations, etc) part of the one BtB listed above looked very familiar.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:25 am 

True, the kinda look alike, but there are many differences as well.  To be honest . . . I think that they are both based on the actual AD&D character sheets by TSR.  The one of Dragonsfoot is just more "sleek".  

I am certain that these weren't copied from Dragonsfoot.  For one, I just did a complete comparison and they are quite a bit different.  (Also, based on the collection and the fact that this same person also typed out a bunch of Planescape scenarios, I would think that this was done in the 90's sometime).

In any case, what I am not sure of is if these are EXACTLY the same as the actual AD&D 2E character sheets (the ones that are light green in color with a black cover).  I can't believe it, but I don't have any here to compare them too!  I seem to have given them all away. . .   :oops:

Could someone please look and tell me if they are a 100% duplicate?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:52 am 

Yes these are the same as the ones found in REF2 9264 Character Record Sheets for 2nd Edition.  The only difference is that your sheets are missing the green shaded parts around each section and the 1989 TSR All rights reserved at the bottom of each sheet.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:33 pm 

Seems to me I had a pad like that at one time or another. I'll check through my boxes of "misc. TSR crap that I can't sell on ebay."

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:15 am 

I listed these Character Sheets as well as the Planescape items I have.  You can find the link in the Classifieds section.

These items are technically copyright infringement, but hopefully everyone is okay with that.  Obviously, these are items I have acquired with various collections I have purchased and nothing that I have intentionally created myself in order to "make a buck".  Having already been "created", they have might have some value to a collector and selling them on ebay is a way to get them out there.

If they turn out to be worthless, I can always throw them away.  But I think that  someone might want them.  We'll see!  :D