Collection for sale here versus on ebay?
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:07 pm 

I'm a little tired of ebay right now so I'd like to know if there is any interest in buying a huge collection I have from a lifetime player getting out of the game. Most everything is original or 1st edition stuff, including many rares, white box books, Dark & Hidden Ways, over 40 modules, Judges Guild stuff, etc. If so I will post a list of the entire collection with some photos, a price, and the first person to contact me at my asking price gets it. This is the sort of auction that would command a high price on ebay - every other one similar to it has gone for four figures that I've seen. I will be asking much less than that in order to sell quickly and easily.

Let me know.

Thanks for reading!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:38 pm 

Same one reported in Fun Finds, I presume?

viewtopic.php?p=49540&highlight=#49540

How much for shipping? Plan on shipping by Media Mail?  

:wink:

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:56 pm 

Actually, not that same collection, but very close!   :wink:  

It's tax time, I need to divest collections...

Shipping via whatever metod buyer wants. I won't (or really, REALLY don't want to) ship overseas, and I imagine media mail would be best. I can ship in multiple boxes as well. I recently shipped a large collection in three seperate flat rate priority boxes via USPS - cost $24 bucks total since it is $8.10 flat rate per box regardless of weight (and each box weighed a LOT) and they arrived 3 days later to boot!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:06 pm 

With regard to Media Mail, I was referring to your previous thread, where you were not able to ship Media Mail:

viewtopic.php?t=3374

I assume you have worked this out with the Post Office now?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:24 pm 

Since this lot here includes nothing but books (no minis, no boxed games with pieces and boards, no electronic items, no dice, etc) media mail is not a problem. The other collection that was refered to in that other thread contained items other than book printed matter and the post office deemed it not able to be sent via that means as a result.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:46 pm 

If you post a list and an asking price, I expect most of us resellers will take a look. I doubt it's too likely you'll find someone that would want to pick up the entire collection to keep.

Then again, there's some crazy folks 'round here  :lol:

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:50 pm 

My Acaeum only sale will be posted tomorrow, 4/13/06 at 10:00am PST. At that time you can see my entire listing and will be able to contact me accordingly, first come first serve of course!

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:21 am 

FYI, my sale is now over. Thanks to all those who contacted me!!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:29 am 

Well now that was quick. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:31 am 

jpipes wrote:FYI, my sale is now over. Thanks to all those who contacted me!!!

Did it go as a lot?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:55 am 

Two small pieces were sold first thing in the AM and removed from the list and everything else was sold to one person thereafter. It was indeed quick, I wasn't sure what to expect but in the end was very happy with the sale. And all before tax day too!!  8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:29 am 

jpipes wrote:Two small pieces were sold first thing in the AM and removed from the list and everything else was sold to one person thereafter. It was indeed quick, I wasn't sure what to expect but in the end was very happy with the sale. And all before tax day too!!  8)

Sounds like a great deal. I don't know why more collections aren't sold privately like this, I bought Aneoth's collection in much the same way and everyone was happy...no ebay fees was the best part. Everyone here pretty much knows what these items are worth, so it's not like any goodies are going to slip by.  Sometimes greed does take over, I find myself wondering sometimes why I'm even listing the item but I always think I'm going to get more on Ebey which is definitely NOT always the case.  I'm probably very soon going to start selling much more stuff here, or at least offer it to Acaeum members first. Glad everything worked out for both of you!

Mike B.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:04 am 

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. I was/am rather suprised by the real lack of stuff being sold here directly. Almost every single posting in the classified section is a pointer to something being sold on ebay. And it's not like I didn't get a good price here, either. I think my price was fair and the deal I worked out was great for both parties. No listing fees, no final value fees, no two weeks to scan, post, wait, auction end, contact buyer in China, wait for payment, ship, hope it arrives and they don't screw me, hope they leave correct feedback, etc, etc... Something nice about going collector to collector.

Anyway, glad others see a spark in this! I plan to post more things in the future myself.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:12 am 

Lord knows I need more material for resale, but --

In private guessing games, when your high bid may be 4 times the runner-up bid but you're stuck with it...

When there is no auction, just a guessing game...

Well, I have better things to do with my time and money.

I'll pass on future blind-guess events of this sort, too.