Black Ridge Island
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:29 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:The BR1-3 booklet has a rather plain black-on-white cover with a line drawing of a sailing ship.  The cover says "BRI-1", but the booklet contains all three of the Black Ridge Island modules.

Or maybe that is why I havent bought it yet.  There are two modules by Jim Baney (Dark Shore & Stormstruck) I purchased at NTRPGCon and both of them have sailing ships on their covers.  I probably saw Ben's and thought to myself "Oh I already have that".  :roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:08 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:The BR1-3 booklet has a rather plain black-on-white cover with a line drawing of a sailing ship.  The cover says "BRI-1", but the booklet contains all three of the Black Ridge Island modules.

Actually I have 3 separate booklets... BRI-1 to 3.
BRI-1 Adventurer's Wanted
BRI-2 XVARTS: Silent But Deadly
BRI-3 Revenge is Best Served Cold

I bought them directly from Ben.

I just looked to Ian website and 3 booklets are mentionned as well.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 pm 

I originally put them out as 3 separate mini-modules.  I sold out of those, and just sold them as pdf's for a bit.  

I stopped doing that and now Doug asked if he could combine the 3 into a small booklet and sell them at NTRPG con.  He also used it as a lure to get me to come out of my DMing retirement and run games for him.

Now he has so many big names people like me just get lost in the shuffle.  But I still have a great time there every year.

You can still get BR1-3 from Doug by emailing him at:
[email protected]

Or I'm sure Doug will have them for sale again next year.

Ben

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:54 am 

bbarsh wrote:Now, don't get me wrong, also. I am 100% in favor or seeing new 1e AD&D stuff hitting the marketplace. I think there is a market for it. Hell, I would print some stuff out myself - given the time to do it; no danger of that with my life :cry:

Are you joking?  :?:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:13 pm 

BR4 arrived today.  It looks good.  Indieplanet printed and packaged well.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:46 pm 

Is Indieplanet a print on demand service?

I ordered my copy two days ago.

IF they are print on demand, their shipping charge blows Lulu away.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:55 pm 

From the About page on IndyPlanet.com

http://indyplanet.com/store/pages.php?pID=4

All of the Comics at IndyPlanet are Immediately -- and Always -- Available!
We don't show you upcoming titles. We don't take pre-orders. If you see it on this site ... it's available for order -- and shipping -- right now! Most of our comics are printed on demand. You see, aside from a few pre-printed consigned titles, we don't even stock comics. Through our partners at Ka-Blam Digital Printing we print the comics ordered as they are ordered. This is what we mean by print-on-demand.

I also thought this was interesting:

The Creator is King at IndyPlanet!
Creator/publishers set their own prices here. When a print-on-demand item is sold we subtract Ka-Blam's printing charges and 100% of the difference between that and the cover price goes to the creator. 100%.

What type of cut does Lulu normally take for RPG offerings?

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:33 pm 

I placed my order on the 16th, so eight days seems quite good to me.

I stumbled across Ben's announcement from a while back, ordered one, and then word trickled to him that he should announce it here, so I have a couple day jump on anyone else.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:11 pm 

Indieplanet's shipping quote was quite high to Canada, so I contacted BenTheRat via pm... (reference Loki's post on the previous page).

If it works out better for the creators though, then hat's off to them  :)

BTW, the author was very accomodating and fair in quoting me direct shipping, and I look forward to checking out # 4 :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Previous