To autograph or not to autograph
Poll: Should an item be autographed if given the option

Yes, definitely, sign ! sign ! 72%       72%  [ 21 ]
No ! Never ! Defiler of pure things, DIE DIE! 28%       28%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 29

Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:32 pm 

With the autograph, I have to disagree with most of the posts. Ask him to write something more then an autograph. I'm not talking 'bout some dumb garbage like, "Keep killing goblins." I'm talking 'bout "Thanks for carrying the torch.", and whatnot. But maybe that's just me (like the aliens who follow me when I drive).

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:09 pm 

I think the idea with not adding more than the authors/artists name is that anything else is likely to be less universally appealing to future collectors/buyers. A counter to that idea though could be that as long as it was written by the signer in question, it shouldn't matter as it's still signed. I would guess personalized signatures are at the bottom end of that equation simply because they are very much less universal - "best wishes Timmy, EGG" just doesn't have the same punch, I guess.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:59 pm 

You're right, to a certain extent.  I'd pay significantly more if it were inscribed with something like "F*ck off, Timmy.  Best wishes, EGG".

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:55 am 

Well just to close off the thread it would appear that the majority of voters have said that items (or this one in particular should be autographed - roughly 3 out of every 4).

Thanks for everyone who voted and threw in their opinions - much appreciated..

Brendon

Previous