Monster Roster by Playing Board Products?
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:50 pm 

Came across a rather obscure title called Monster Roster by Playing Board Products in Albany, CA, copyright 1979. It has a blue cover by Vanna Prince (??) showing a crowd of early style monsters in a cave looking out at the reader, actually very cool and early D&Dish! Anyone have any idea on this one? I did a search on Aceaum and a brief one online but came up with nothing so far.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:25 pm 

http://www.afterglow2.com/

Lists other products from them.

ShaneG.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:55 pm 

Thanks, good resource! Doesn't give much to go on sadly.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:21 am 

jpipes wrote:Came across a rather obscure title called Monster Roster by Playing Board Products in Albany, CA, copyright 1979. It has a blue cover by Vanna Prince (??) showing a crowd of early style monsters in a cave looking out at the reader, actually very cool and early D&Dish! Anyone have any idea on this one? I did a search on Aceaum and a brief one online but came up with nothing so far.

Can you post a cover scan and some more info?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:38 am 

Here you go. Cover looks a little worse here than it really is. Only real problem is the ex-price sticker mark... After I do some initial research and study, this will likely go on ebay. In any case, very cool and I'm interested to know more about it! I love the artwork.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:13 am 

I just found all four of those 25pp pad items of theirs (along with a Judges Guild #28 Judge's Shield.) All complete and in nice shape except for the Basic Character File one which has 20 pages. All have $3.00 price tags on them. I can photocopy the cover pages and interior pages on the same color paper and send those to the afterglow2 site so they can post them if they want. (Me and scanners don't get along.) I'll be selling them all since I don't collect this stuff.

I found them in Sacramento, CA so perhaps these were only distributed regionally.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:12 am 

Blank Crows wrote:I just found all four of those 25pp pad items of theirs (along with a Judges Guild #28 Judge's Shield.) All complete and in nice shape except for the Basic Character File one which has 20 pages. All have $3.00 price tags on them. I can photocopy the cover pages and interior pages on the same color paper and send those to the afterglow2 site so they can post them if they want. (Me and scanners don't get along.) I'll be selling them all since I don't collect this stuff.

I found them in Sacramento, CA so perhaps these were only distributed regionally.

Thanks.  :D   I've sent a message to your inbox.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.