3 Items in question
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:56 am 

Hey guys and gals,

Question on three items.

Item the first. A small black dice bag, with the TSR logo with the bookstore name Waldenbooks underneath. I got this many years ago at Waldenbooks, can't remember what for, but was wondering if there is value in this.

Item two. Are Dragon magazines going for anything these days? I'm getting ready to move and I have a few from the #6X range but most start at #177 and go up. I need to move them, either throw them away or try to ebay them. What is your opinion?

Item the last. I got the following in a trade and have no idea as to its value:

ICE - #8100 Merp Box Set & Combat Screen

As far as I can tell doing research it is complete and in good shape.

Thanks,

Druss-Deathwalker

"Good, remember that when next we meet. For I have marked you loudmouth and my axe knows the name of your spirit" ~ Druss the Legend

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:47 am 

I sold one of those Waldenbooks TSR dice bags last year and got about $10 for it, though I paid over $30 to get it originally on eBay.  This is the kind of tricky item that you could do quite well on if you get two big bidders involved, or you could be left holding the bag, literally with only one or no bidders.  

I'm sure others here can give you a better idea of Dragon mag values, but generally they haven't been very good except for the under #40 issues.  You might want to put them up as a lot and see if you get some bites, but I think even the resellers would probably give it a pass unless the starting bid is cheap.  Shipping is expensive for all those mags obviously.  But perhaps others here would have better advice on that one.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:01 am 

Thanks for the reply. I figured as much on the mags. Perhaps I will put them up as one lot and see what happens.

Any idea on the MERP box set anyone?

Thanks,

Druss

"Good, remember that when next we meet. For I have marked you loudmouth and my axe knows the name of your spirit" ~ Druss the Legend

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:15 am 

MERP box set (8100) - depends on condition but I would say from $10 to $15 plus perhaps another $7-12 for the screen.

Here is one (incomplete) box set up for BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MERP-rpg-Middle-Ear ... dZViewItem

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:19 pm 

red_bus wrote:MERP box set (8100) - depends on condition but I would say from $10 to $15 plus perhaps another $7-12 for the screen.

Here is one (incomplete) box set up for BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MERP-rpg-Middle-Ear ... dZViewItem

Thanks for the link,

I guess mine is incomplete as well as I don't have the plastic stands either. Thanks again.

Druss

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:03 pm 

You might want to try a local used bookstore and see if they would be interested in the Dragons.  My local store buys dragons for $1 each and sells them for $3.  I pawn off Dragons and D20 stuff there for more than they would sell for on ebay.