D1 Mono UK Games Workshop
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:09 am 

Hello,

I have a copy of a D1 Mono by GW and I can't find his value on acaeum (or elsewhere)... Someone could help?

Thank you very much.

( it is not a NM copy but a played one, and the pregenerated characters page is missing )

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:29 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Hello,

I have a copy of a D1 Mono by GW and I can't find his value on acaeum (or elsewhere)... Someone could help?

Thank you very much.

( it is not a NM copy but a played one, and the pregenerated characters page is missing )

$20-40, depending on condition.  

(I just made that up, if anyone's wondering where I got those numbers.  I forget how much I paid for mine, but it wasn't more than that.  Maybe less.)

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:26 pm 

We've seen the various GW monos go from $20 to $40, yah, both online (eBay) and at the GenCon auction. They sometimes go higher; depends on whether somebody's trying to fill a gap in a collection.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:28 pm 

Thank you for your answers :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:34 pm 

Would've guessed $8-12 or thereabouts, owing to (guessed) condition and that missing page.

I'm sure Frank's right about people fighting for them, sometimes, but there's not quite enough interest in those at present (e.g. they don't have a main listing here) and are just about common enough to tick over the demand without too much fighting.

The GW Ds appear to be somewhat scarcer than the Gs, fwiw.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:44 pm 

faro wrote:The GW Ds appear to be somewhat scarcer than the Gs, fwiw.

Yes, and D2 & D3 are scarcer than D1, in my experience.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:53 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:

Guess the reduction in price from £4.50 for D3 didn't help that much!

Fwiw, I haven't seen such a relative rarity pattern for the Ozzie Gs and Ds. :roll:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:18 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:

It's true that I have 3 copies of D1 Mono and no D2 or D3 mono...

Nobody wants a D1 mono vs a D3 mono?  :lol:  No? ok ok  :roll:

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:36 pm 

I just got a set of Mono D1, D2, D3 with the Games Workshop logo. The latter two are in VF condition. The first has some light pencil marks and the back sheet detached. All are complete.

How often do these come up? I notice Acaeum still hasn't full details on these, so I will make a detailed comparison with the US prints at some stage and send it in. I paid US$20 each, but I feel they are probably worth more given their relative scarcity.

Any thoughts?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:41 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I just got a set of Mono D1, D2, D3 with the Games Workshop logo. The latter two are in VF condition. The first has some light pencil marks and the back sheet detached. All are complete.

How often do these come up? I notice Acaeum still hasn't full details on these, so I will make a detailed comparison with the US prints at some stage and send it in. I paid US$20 each, but I feel they are probably worth more given their relative scarcity.

Any thoughts?

$20 to $30 based on that conditon is about right.  The site already does have a pretty extensive write up on it already though, just probably not where you have looked so far.  :wink:   They are specifically detailed in the foreign edition section of the site that you have to access from Library Tab on the home page.  The writes on the foreign editions are noted here:

http://www.acaeum.com/library/foreign.html

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:02 pm 

Great. Thanks - yes I see all the info is there already.

Why do you think the Australian prints fetch such high prices? Are they that much rarer?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:06 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Great. Thanks - yes I see all the info is there already.

Why do you think the Australian prints fetch such high prices? Are they that much rarer?

Yes, much more rare.  In the 5 active years that I have spent on Ebay, I think I have only seen a grand total of 7 of the Australian Monos ever sold.  I am not including John Huck's ones that he has as I was not around here when he picked them up and I am also not including the 3 that you recently parted with.  Obviously, I am quite sure that I have missed at least some along the way, but with that said thats still only a total of 13 total in 5 active Ebay years.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:27 am 

$20-30 for the UK D2 & D3 in intact VF condition still feels pretty light, ten months later.
(Heh. Especially compared with those stacks of Goodman Games mods that people have been speculating on and buying by the dozen. :twisted:)
And still no main listing. *keeps nudging* ;)

@HermitFromPluto: Good purchase! As Deimos observes, you shouldn't have quite so much difficulty if you wish to upgrade that D1.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:21 pm 

*bump*

Rather than start a new topic, I figured I'd just bump this.  Question about the GW Monos:  Are the covers for these modules different that their US counterparts.  I am planning on selling my GW monos(I have 5 of them D1, D2, G2, G3 & B1) and all of them seem to have a different feel to them.  It feels like they are shelfpapered, kind of like the later print GW Monster Manuals were.

At first I was pretty sure that they were just shelfpapered by the previous owner, but not only are all of them are like that, but they are all done perfectly(if they were actually done by the previous owner). Its so good that I can't even find the edges of the shelfpaper on any of them. In lieu of the GW Monster Manuals, I figured it would be best to ask.  

Can someone clarify for me if this was done at GW or if I just happened to run into a master shelfpaperer(I am not entirely sure that this is even a word  :P )?

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:29 pm 

I dont recall seeing any difference between my us and uk monos

I will check tonight.

D.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:13 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Question about the GW Monos:  Are the covers for these modules different that their US counterparts.

My UK D1 cover is slightly smoother and a bit heaver cardstock, but definitely not shelf-papered.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:25 am 

deimos3428 wrote:My UK D1 cover is slightly smoother and a bit heaver cardstock, but definitely not shelf-papered.

Ahh, maybe thats why I am thinking its shelf-papered, even though I can't seem to find the edges of the shelf paper. :)  

I must say that they are much heavier cardstock then the US Monos, ,much heavier.  Along with the more smooth feeling to them the US ones are, thats why I assumed that they were shelf-papered somehow.   Heh, I am glad I asked.  :wink: