What's up with the Eastern Treasure Chest?
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:39 am 

Not wanting to be too slack or anything but what's the deal with this seller. I mean they sometimes do have good stuff like at the moment they're selling the AD&D Fighting Wheel. But most of their items are like, for example, the normal version of S1 Tomb of Horrors or B2 and they say VERY RARE!!! - which is a load of old cobblers...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:39 am 

Hi Nev, I know the person who is the Eastern Treasure Chest!!. He is a great guy and great reseller. As to putting the words very rare on certain modules I suppose he is trying to attract bids on his auctions. Also many times when I speak to him he is very busy and lately has some personal issues arising so he cuts and pastes portions of his other auctions to save time. However the portion when he grades items, he writes it all out, no cut and pasting.  Many resellers use this tactic of putting very rare, etc. Look at dodac. He does the same thing.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:38 pm 

Do you have any current info on the Eastern Treasure Chest formerly on Ebay. I used to get a lot of good stuff from him. any new info would be great

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:44 pm 

I have current info.
He sucks ass, and was driven off eBay for fucking over his customers. His merchandise mostly sucks, and is always overestimated in condition. He has the intellect of a rabid dingo, and habitually overcharges for shipping, then ships the item(s) 1-3 months later, if he ships them at all, after much harassment. Other than that, he seems OK to me.
Hope that helps.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:07 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I have current info.
He sucks ass, and was driven off eBay for fucking over his customers. His merchandise mostly sucks, and is always overestimated in condition. He has the intellect of a rabid dingo, and habitually overcharges for shipping, then ships the item(s) 1-3 months later, if he ships them at all, after much harassment. Other than that, he seems OK to me.
Hope that helps.

But he seems ok?

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:03 pm 

*bump*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:56 pm 

I got some nice rares off him last time for free. The guy was a real gem. I tried to pay the guy and he'd shut up shop. I even e-mailed him offering to pay but he seemed to want me to keep the stuff for free. A real sweet deal. Anyone remember Tales of the Ruby Dragon?It came from Jonb.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:23 am 

*bump for posterity*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche