Odd ball Stuff I just acquired.
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:40 pm 

Hey all,
Looking for a little help here figuring out just exactly what I have. I was *given* a few extra items by the seller whom I BIN all that stuff from that I posted earlier today. Being that I bought so much stuff he just decided to throw them in, but I really do have a feckin clue what I am looking at here. So here is what I have:

1) A small war gaming item called: "Panzer Pranks". Its produced by Chaosium and written by Kurt & Steve Lortz. It comes in a small plastic bag with a little booklet and some chits. Its copyright date is 1980.

2) Another little gaming booklet in a small plastic bag that contains 2 games called: "Survival & "the Barbarian". It says that it a Task Force Double Game. It contains 2 little 6-sided dice, 1 green and 1 red, a small booklet and several chit sheets. It is produced by Task Force Games and written by Ian Livingstone with a copyright date of 1979.

3) An 8" by 11" wargame booklet called "Engage & Destroy". This is also produced by Chaosium, its written by Chris Kurzadkowski with a copyright date of 1980.

4) Another little game in a baggie called STOMP! produced by Chaosium and written by Tadashi. It has a copyright date of 1978 and contains a 2 small sheets, one is a small map grid and one is a list of instructions, There is also several chits included in this bag.

Anyone have any clue to anything about these games as to exactly what they are and also as to a possible value for them. Allan<grodog>, any chance you can ask Tadashie about the Stomp! game also. Any help anyone could provide be much appreciated. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:38 am 

Buehler, Buehler......Anyone.......Buehler....

C'mon I see you all looking.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:52 am 

bclarkie wrote:2) Another little gaming booklet in a small plastic bag that contains 2 games called: "Survival & "the Barbarian". It says that it a Task Force Double Game. It contains 2 little 6-sided dice, 1 green and 1 red, a small booklet and several chit sheets. It is produced by Task Force Games and written by Ian Livingstone with a copyright date of 1979.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3042

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:22 am 

Plaag wrote:
bclarkie wrote:2) Another little gaming booklet in a small plastic bag that contains 2 games called: "Survival & "the Barbarian". It says that it a Task Force Double Game. It contains 2 little 6-sided dice, 1 green and 1 red, a small booklet and several chit sheets. It is produced by Task Force Games and written by Ian Livingstone with a copyright date of 1979.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3042

ShaneG.

ah the old little task force games! they are ace!!! i got three of them some time back. i think they are excellent little additions to a collection.

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:37 am 

Ok cool.  It is good to know that at least one of the items is known and loved. :)

Anyone else know anything about the others?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:59 pm 

Howdy Brian -

I have the thyree Chaosium items. Stomp and Panzer Pranks are both berr & pretzel games, short run time and played mostly for laughs.

Stomp is a two player game, one controls a giant and the other a bunch of elves. The giant needs to stomp on the elves, while the elves have ropes, spears etc and have to bring down the giant. It's pretty good fun.

Panzer Pranks is a board game, with units representing WW2 armoured units. I haven't played it, but apparently the rules were written after watching a bunch of 50's war movies, so its possible for one machine gun burst to kill 50 or 60 germans.

Lastly Engane & Destroy is a serious set of modern armoured miniature rules.

Value wise, Stomp & PP generally gor for $10-20, while E/D is usually $5 or so.

Regards

Mike

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:42 pm 

bclarkie wrote:1) A small war gaming item called: "Panzer Pranks".

Nice one. I once sold the rulebook alone (and it had some writing in it) for more than $20. It's quite the popular conversation-starter among the wargames crowd.

bclarkie wrote:2) Another little gaming booklet in a small plastic bag that contains 2 games called: "Survival & "the Barbarian".

The Barbarian, BTW, was originally a White Dwarf game. Issue #15, I believe.

bclarkie wrote:4) Another little game in a baggie called STOMP! produced by Chaosium and written by Tadashi.

You gotta love a game where two of the counters represent a top-down view of a giant's feet. Like Panzer Pranks, this should easily slip into the $20s, depending on condition (and phase of the moon).

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:46 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Panzer Pranks is a board game, with units representing WW2 armoured units. I haven't played it, but apparently the rules were written after watching a bunch of 50's war movies, so its possible for one machine gun burst to kill 50 or 60 germans.

Just to be clear: Panzer Pranks is not meant to be taken seriously. It's a running gag, sort of a *wink-wink* from the designers to the wargaming crowd. The rules are full of puns, other attempts at humor, and — as described above — rules that would never pass muster as a simulation. It's as much of a serious game as Stomp is, in other words.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:09 pm 

Brian, if you need more info on the Chaosium titles, you can ping Tadashi or Greg Stafford for details (or I could relay Qs to either for you, if you prefer).

IIRC, Stomp was the game that that Tadashi "wrote" (it was actually designed by Lynn Willis or Liz Danforth IIRC) so that he could become a member of the Game Designers Guild, back in the day ;)

I've seen Stomp sell for $25-40, and I imagine the other old Chaosium games may possibly fetch similar prices, especially if they're complete and  unpunched.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/