2nd chance offer on something I don't know much about
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:33 am 

Hi.

I dumped a low bid on one of Noble Knights regular Maze of Zayene 4 Module sets.  I don't know a lot about these but they did seem interesting.  I have got a second chance offer for $20.00

Can anyone who has these please tell me if they are interesting/worth snaffling?  Thanks.  :D

Here be the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... BUAA:UK:11

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:58 am 

red_bus wrote:Hi.

I dumped a low bid on one of Noble Knights regular Maze of Zayene 4 Module sets. I don't know a lot about these but they did seem interesting. I have got a second chance offer for $20.00

Can anyone who has these please tell me if they are interesting/worth snaffling? Thanks. :D

Here be the link:

$20 sounds like a good price.  NobleKnight was regularly selling them for $40-$50 a year ago.  But maybe they'll be $10 in another year.

Interesting read for less than $4 per item.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:27 am 

Cheers!  Hope you managed to write off D&D collecting against your income tax liability.  8O  :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:42 am 

red_bus wrote:Hi.

I dumped a low bid on one of Noble Knights regular Maze of Zayene 4 Module sets. I don't know a lot about these but they did seem interesting. I have got a second chance offer for $20.00

Can anyone who has these please tell me if they are interesting/worth snaffling? Thanks. :D

Here be the link:

hey reddy - $20 is a great price for that chummer. the five books in it are ace! i have two sets, both of which i paid more than that for, so go for it!

Al

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:49 am 

red_bus wrote:Cheers! Hope you managed to write off D&D collecting against your income tax liability. 8O :)

If only :?:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:53 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
red_bus wrote:Cheers! Hope you managed to write off D&D collecting against your income tax liability. 8O :)

Here in Mass that really may not be as absurd as it seems. Last year when doing our taxes our accountant realized I ran the Cub Scout pack here in Lakeville. He told me to figure out every penny I spent, mile I traveled, etc. as it could be written off %100.....(considering it's a full time job, not just the "1-2 hours a week" they told me, it's nice).

Well......there are electives that requirements include game playing :)

"Really Mr. Auditor, I know 4K seems like alot for one game but to allow for the proper experience in playing the game they had to start out with an original 1st print woodgrain box set" 8O

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:07 pm 

Daimajin wrote:
johnhuck wrote:

Here in Mass that really may not be as absurd as it seems. Last year when doing our taxes our accountant realized I ran the Cub Scout pack here in Lakeville. He told me to figure out every penny I spent, mile I traveled, etc. as it could be written off %100.....(considering it's a full time job, not just the "1-2 hours a week" they told me, it's nice).

Well......there are electives that requirements include game playing :)

"Really Mr. Auditor, I know 4K seems like alot for one game but to allow for the proper experience in playing the game they had to start out with an original 1st print woodgrain box set" 8O

Hmmm (thinks), if you set it up as a charity (is that 501(c)3 or somesuch in the US) you could possibly get full tax relief...
??

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:29 pm 

Hey, I won that auction! I didn't expect to - I thought *my* bid was lowball! Noble's offering the whole set for $100 on their site, or $20 each.

If I'd done a little more research before I bid, I probably could've saved a few bucks. Today I found an old post on the Acaeum where someone else got a $27 Second Chance offer for one of these sets.

However, I'm not complaining, $37 (including shipping) for 5 modules by Rob Kuntz is not a bad price. Consider how much his unpublished notes went for...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:40 pm 

zhowar1 wrote:Hey, I won that auction! I didn't expect to - I thought *my* bid was lowball! Noble's offering the whole set for $100 on their site, or $20 each.

If I'd done a little more research before I bid, I probably could've saved a few bucks. Today I found an old post on the Acaeum where someone else got a $27 Second Chance offer for one of these sets.

However, I'm not complaining, $37 (including shipping) for 5 modules by Rob Kuntz is not a bad price. Consider how much his unpublished notes went for...

He proabably has a stack of 500 copies, noble has been selling these for years now!

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:59 pm 

zhowar1 wrote:Hey, I won that auction! I didn't expect to - I thought *my* bid was lowball! Noble's offering the whole set for $100 on their site, or $20 each.

I think you are right. He may sell these for ever but I doubt that they will go much lower.

As an off-topic comment - i have been watching a film on TV tonight called '30 days' which I hadn't seen before.  It's a documentary about a couple trying to live off minimum wage for a month.  And it does make me think about what I spend on this stuff!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:29 pm 

red_bus wrote:As an off-topic comment - i have been watching a film on TV tonight called '30 days' which I hadn't seen before. It's a documentary about a couple trying to live off minimum wage for a month. And it does make me think about what I spend on this stuff!

Thats a show by the Super Size Me director/star - there is like 6 shows or so, though only that one is with him and his wife for the full hour. The other shows only have him on sparingly talking about stuff.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:31 pm 

Just to throw in my 2 coppers, I have been looking for a 2nd set of these myself(so I can actually open them up and read them  :oops: ), and if I had an opportunity to get them for $20.00 I 'd definitely jump on them.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:38 pm 

Cheers!

I did it this afternoon.  I have never bought from Noble before but he is pretty swift and polite.  So far.  :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:16 pm 

The four Zayene modules by Rob Kuntz are quite good; the first two were originally run as tourneys, at least at East Con in NJ c. 1985 or so. The modules are ex-Greyhawk material, and they're all quite good.

If you're interested in d20 versions of the modules, Necromancer Games published the first three, and we published Eight Kings (see .sig).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:00 am 

red_bus wrote:Cheers!

I did it this afternoon. I have never bought from Noble before but he is pretty swift and polite. So far. :)

He is the 2nd guy I ever bought from on Ebay back in early 1998!  He has a very good reputation indeed!

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:23 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
red_bus wrote:Cheers!

I did it this afternoon. I have never bought from Noble before but he is pretty swift and polite. So far. :)

He is the 2nd guy I ever bought from on Ebay back in early 1998! He has a very good reputation indeed!

J

yeah i have bought from them twice and each time has been a solid thumbs up for efficiency.

Al

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:46 am 

bclarkie wrote:Just to throw in my 2 coppers, I have been looking for a 2nd set of these myself(so I can actually open them up and read them :oops: ), and if I had an opportunity to get them for $20.00 I 'd definitely jump on them.

Just bid on one of Aarons auctions. He always offers 2nd chances to the runner up.  Thats how I got both my sets.