DnD First edition Dm Guide
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:23 pm 

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting.

I recently found a first printing DM Guide (down to the d that gets cut off on the cover and yellow-orange front and back inside cover), and I was wondering what about it is worth. I did not see any prices on the main page for it. It has some wear and tear on it. (I was reading it just the other day :wink: )

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: First printing, not edition.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:46 pm 

tobiand20 wrote:Hey everyone, this is my first time posting.

I recently found a First edition DM Guide (down to the d that gets cut off on the cover and yellow-orange front and back inside cover), and I was wondering what about it is worth. I did not see any prices on the main page for it. It has some wear and tear on it. (I was reading it just the other day :wink: )

Condition is everything with this one. Average wear translates into anywhere from $20-40, depending on how well it's described/pictured in the auction. I'd guess a NM copy could top $100, but it probably won't...they've been declining in value recently after the initial excitement has worn off.

I assume you were referring to a first printing, not merely a first edition...  ;)

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:52 pm 

tobiand20 wrote:Hey everyone, this is my first time posting.

I recently found a First edition DM Guide (down to the d that gets cut off on the cover and yellow-orange front and back inside cover), and I was wondering what about it is worth. I did not see any prices on the main page for it. It has some wear and tear on it. (I was reading it just the other day :wink: )

I just got one for $16.38 !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8750307617

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:29 pm 

On my recent trip back to CA, I found a very very nice True 1st DMG:  now I have to decide if I want to sell that or not.... ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:11 am 

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I did mean first printing, sorry about the confusion with first edition  :) . It's in average condition right now, but I think im going to keep it for a while, because its a fairly cool read.

Thanks for help all.