The Warwick Supplement - Warning Large Images - Sorry
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:19 pm 

I recently purchased http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT.

I had never heard of it before but it sounded intersesting. The seller added Book 3 for a not much more and a little higher shipping. Has anyone ever heard of these before?

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:22 pm 

http://www.afterglow2.com/

Could you post pictures of the two books you have? I take it you're missing Book II.

What is Book III about?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:03 pm 

[quote="mbassoc2003"]http://www.afterglow2.com/
[quote]

You know thats about what I was to do, may still do something like this anyway, keeps me off the street at night... I take it the file size is the pdf versions? I'd also like to do a tweek or tow on the frame code as well..

Brette:(

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:10 pm 

Yes. Missing Book 2 :(

Book 3 is The Warwick Supplement The Monster Bank.

100 pages. Same size as Book 1. No internal illustrations...unless I missed one flipping through. Basically a Monster Manual.

Sorry for the large images. I will try find a way to shrink them down unless someone else knows/has a quick way to do this and would repost them.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:10 pm 

Hi Brette,

I'm not going to deal with magazines/fanzines/newsletters/APAs.

It occurs to me that you have one of the largest collection in that area, and there's a big hole in the knowledge base online there.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:17 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:I'd also like to do a tweek or tow on the frame code as well..

I'm afraid I know next to nothing about html, and I'm using a wysiwyg package. I hope it works well enough for most people.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:20 pm 

hey marl

pretty cool items there chummer. i love stuff like that - great buys!!

Al

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:45 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I'm not going to deal with magazines/fanzines/newsletters/APAs.

It occurs to me that you have one of the largest collection in that area, and there's a big hole in the knowledge base online there.

Heh; is no joke, that.

Managed to add 70 'zine titles to what was the definitive list of UK 'zines... and many more still out there.

=

Looks neat, Marlith. Crazy-low price, too!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:49 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:http://www.afterglow2.com/

Working title? :lol:

=

*wanders off to create ACAEUM II* (or should that be foulfoot2.com?)

=

(aside: listing what appears to be the file sizes of your illegal .pdfs is pretty bad form too, IMO.
I can only see that as encouraging enquiries for those... jm-02-c)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:40 am 

That many geez... I've uploaded a new lists today as well, sure I added a couple more mags as well :? still some stuff comming and more to add, I believe I have a complete run of different worlds, a masive amount of A&E's etc etc my entire collection is being moved out of storage to a more accessable place, ie my garage, so i should be able to get my trade/sale list hapnin, a bucket load of mods, a huge amout of magic cards, atari games, novels etc etc fark... the magazine section is going here...

http://www.arielarchives.com/Brett/Magazines/index.html

I'm looking on comments on how to set this up, I have included 1 page  "Australian Realms" issue 1 as an example. I will also be doing a pure text list of each individual magazine and a masters one as well listing all of them... like on shannons webpage

http://www.erzo.org/~shannon/gaming/ind ... ndex.shtml

... on a side note I think I have all the Snowcrystals mods as well somewere about...

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:I'm not going to deal with magazines/fanzines/newsletters/APAs.

Heh; is no joke, that.

Managed to add 70 'zine titles to what was the definitive list of UK 'zines... and many more still out there.

=

Looks neat, Marlith. Crazy-low price, too!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:37 am 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:http://www.afterglow2.com/

Working title? :lol:

Final title. Matthias' site has remained untouched for almost 3 years now. The word 'afterglow' already has provenance within the fantasy art market (presumably this is where Matthias took his screen name from, too). It is just a screen name.

I am more concerned about http://www.afterglow.com suing me for smearing their interpretation of 'role-playing'.  :lol:

I don't intend to copy other peoples material. All the info I publish is in the public domain, or is provided by the products I have or contributors who are credited.

The only copyright violation possibly are the possible quotes from Lawrence Schick's Heroic Worlds. He is fully creditted. I will of course remove thise if he requests that I do so, and they are only filler until such times as I can add my own.

harami2000 wrote:(aside: listing what appears to be the file sizes of your illegal .pdfs is pretty bad form too, IMO.
I can only see that as encouraging enquiries for those... jm-02-c)

I take your point. I do need to keep track for my own purposes, and seeing as I sit in front of my PC pointed at the web all day, it acts as a little note to myself. It is a temporary thing until I can find a better solution.

We are each responsible to the community to ensure that we act with care and consideration in the propegation of information, be it by photocopying or PDF files. I do know that it only takes one person to make an error in judgement, and a stray copy of a file will multiply like wildfire across the net. However, the near impossibility of obtaining the ST1 PDF does show that those who possess PDF files, do not distribute. As regards items of greater rarity (even unique items) there is a responsibility to preserve, as well as a responsibility not to distribute.

Lets move further discussion on PDFs to the thread on the Collector's Forum.

All said, my intention is to consolidate information and make it available to everyone. There is no monetary gain in this sort of thing. You can't go and sell a site like this. I'm sure if Scott was offered a million dollars for Acaeum he'd now be working on building his next big website to sell for another million. Sadly it doesn't work like that. [/url]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:16 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:We are each responsible to the community to ensure that we act with care and consideration in the propegation of information, be it by photocopying or PDF files. I do know that it only takes one person to make an error in judgement, and a stray copy of a file will multiply like wildfire across the net. However, the near impossibility of obtaining the ST1 PDF does show that those who possess PDF files, do not distribute. As regards items of greater rarity (even unique items) there is a responsibility to preserve, as well as a responsibility not to distribute.

Lets move further discussion on PDFs to the thread on the Collector's Forum.

just as a sidenote here, i will vouch for Ian's integrity on this issue. We spoke at great length about this same issue some time back when his project was just gathering speed and i raised the self-same issues with him. if he says that he isnt and wont be passing anything to anyone, i have no reason at all to disbelieve that.

i have dealt with him many times, through here, ebay and privately and every time, it has been a quality transaction for both parties.

trust is a very shaky issue these days and it isnt easily given, especially in a collecting environment.

ian. just on what is being said there about the "file size". is there no other place you can possibly put that, that nobody else can see, but yourself? then that would simply erase any issue from anyone anywhere, because there would be no issue then for someone to doubt?

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:56 am 

killjoy32 wrote:ian. just on what is being said there about the "file size". is there no other place you can possibly put that, that nobody else can see, but yourself? then that would simply erase any issue from anyone anywhere, because there would be no issue then for someone to doubt?

Al

Consider those filesizes gone.

On a more positive note, I would most heartily welcome any and all contributions to filling in some blanks, especially with items from unlisted or very small press publishers.

Discression assured (unless of course you want credit for your contribution, whick is also fine by me).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:16 pm 

First, great work Ian!  My hat's off to you.  Hopefully a link can be provided from the Acaeum's links page to your site soon.  
Second, whenever I get around to having my stuff out of storage and within reach, I'd be happy to fill in holes and add more items to your list with pics.
Third, I'm glad to see someone take on the old non-TSR items list since Matthias is probably too busy or lost interest to continue... somebody needed to pick up the baton.   :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:27 pm 

Hey Ian, I have some of those scans your looking for ( ie, beastmaker , serpent isle and others ). I'll get off my Duff and gather a list of what I can provide plus anything I have that might not be on your list and try to get it to you early next week.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:30 pm 

Daimajin wrote:Hey Ian, I have some of those scans your looking for ( ie, beastmaker , serpent isle and others ). I'll get off my Duff and gather a list of what I can provide plus anything I have that might not be on your list and try to get it to you early next week.

Likewise, Ian, if you can post a list of what you need non-tsr I can help out.  I'm also getting a new scanner this week so my scans will no longer look like someone took pictures of the item through a mason jar full of moonshine.  :oops: I have a truckload of non tsr stuff, unfortunately not as much as when Matthias first started his page back in the day...

Mike B.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:41 pm 

Yes, got book 1 & 3 all scanned in... never managed to find book 2, annoying thing was I had in about 10 years ago and it somehow disappeared!