Some shrink items I came across... values?
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:55 am 

I came across a small collection of shrinked modules and books today and was wondering what their relative value is. I will likely offer them for sale since I don't collect shrink and would rather find play copies and let collectors that are much more advanced than I have at them. Also, these are my very first shrink finds so forgive me if they are nothing special.

Dungeons & Dragons DA3 City of the Gods - mint in original shrink
Forgotten Realms I14 Sword of the Iron Legion - mint in original shrink
Forgotten Realms FR5 The Savage Frontier - mint in original shrink

Also, a bunch of Spelljammer shrink stuff but I assume that is basically worthless shrink or no shrink...

Aside from the above shrink stuff, I also found mint condition copies of Temple of the Frog, Five Coins For a Kingdom, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Adventures in Blackmoor, The Endless Stair, and Empires of the Sands.

Any comments would be much appreciated!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:39 am 

DA3 in shring should fetch $15 or so, maybe as much as $30 if there are a lot of bidders. As for the other two, I have no idea.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:08 am 

The DA3 will get at least $25 in shrink. The non-shrink DAs will go in the teens.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:11 am 

jpipes wrote:I came across a small collection of shrinked modules and books today and was wondering what their relative value is. I will likely offer them for sale since I don't collect shrink and would rather find play copies and let collectors that are much more advanced than I have at them. Also, these are my very first shrink finds so forgive me if they are nothing special.

Also, a bunch of Spelljammer shrink stuff but I assume that is basically worthless shrink or no shrink...

Aside from the above shrink stuff, I also found mint condition copies of Temple of the Frog, Five Coins For a Kingdom, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Adventures in Blackmoor, The Endless Stair, and Empires of the Sands.

Nice find there. Even not being in SW the Temple, Coins, Blackmoor and Stair modules could all go for $10-15+ if you have good photos and descriptions of condition.

I am guessing that the FR5 would go for more than the I14 though I could be wrong. Both will still sell for a good price though as with anything I would start the price low so as to not scare anyone off.

The Spelljammer stuff is still in SW so a TSR collector will still probably pay a little more than you might expect for those....but don't expect what you would get for one of the more popular settings.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:13 am 

bbarsh wrote:The DA3 will get at least $25 in shrink. The non-shrink DAs will go in the teens.

I agree.  I have sold 3 or 4 of these over the last few months and all of thme went in the $25-$35 range.  If you are selling I would be interested in the FR5. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:28 pm 

Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone, I really appreciate it! Another quick question - I was thinking of selling the entire collection I got as a group, it will consist of about 10 hard cover books, 2 volumes of Encyclopedia Magica, a stack about 2 inches high of random maps, sheets, supplements, modules that I haven't really explored, 7 modules in shrink, and about 10 other modules and softcover books. Basically a really nice medium sized lot with most stuff in excellent condition. Is it a bad idea to sell it as a lot or does that tend to garner more interest? I wasn't sure if I should break it up into singles or not.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:07 pm 

jpipes wrote:Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone, I really appreciate it! Another quick question - I was thinking of selling the entire collection I got as a group, it will consist of about 10 hard cover books, 2 volumes of Encyclopedia Magica, a stack about 2 inches high of random maps, sheets, supplements, modules that I haven't really explored, 7 modules in shrink, and about 10 other modules and softcover books. Basically a really nice medium sized lot with most stuff in excellent condition. Is it a bad idea to sell it as a lot or does that tend to garner more interest? I wasn't sure if I should break it up into singles or not.

From experience it always seems best to sell things seperately unless you have a bunch of very rough(i.e extremely worn) items or a bunch of super common items like a lot of X1s & B2s. In most circumstances, although it is more work, selling them seperately will always net you the most total profit with the exception of the forementioned junk lots. In those for some reason the sum of the items almost always sell for more than they would individually. Please dont ask me to make sense of why that is, but it almost always bears out to be the case. :? But based on the list of items you have, if you dont mind the extra work, it most certainly would be to your benefit to sell them seperately.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:28 pm 

jpipes wrote:Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone, I really appreciate it! Another quick question - I was thinking of selling the entire collection I got as a group, it will consist of about 10 hard cover books, 2 volumes of Encyclopedia Magica, a stack about 2 inches high of random maps, sheets, supplements, modules that I haven't really explored, 7 modules in shrink, and about 10 other modules and softcover books. Basically a really nice medium sized lot with most stuff in excellent condition. Is it a bad idea to sell it as a lot or does that tend to garner more interest? I wasn't sure if I should break it up into singles or not.

JP without question, youre better off selling individually then altogether.

any time spent well on doing this would benefit you.

Al

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:55 pm 

Thanks so much for the additional comments!! This forum is wonderfully helpful and makes collecting a real joy. Thanks to all.

I will most likely list the shrink items as single lots, and group the more "common" stuff as a lot together.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:28 pm 

jpipes wrote:I came across a small collection of shrinked modules and books today and was wondering what their relative value is. I will likely offer them for sale since I don't collect shrink and would rather find play copies and let collectors that are much more advanced than I have at them. Also, these are my very first shrink finds so forgive me if they are nothing special.

Here are some very recent auction prices for myself, these were all mint shrinkwrapped also, all sold in the last month or so:

AD&D I14 Swords of the Iron Legions MINT SW!
Sale price:  $24.99

D&D DA3 City of the Gods SW!
Sale price: 24.99

AD&D CM8 The Endless Stair Companion MINT SW!
Sale price:  $24.99

D&D DA1 Adventures In Blackmoor Dave Arneson MINT SW!
Sale price:  $37.49

Hope this helps....

Mike B.