Massconfusion 1984
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:22 pm 

I would like some as well?  THe AD&D and Gamma World ones in particular.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:52 am 

Okay. Let me tie Bob down to an accurate price. It looks like we could be looking at an order for 80-100 modules, so I'll need to see if I can put an accurate price on those.

This isn't something I plan on tying up until after Christmas, and I need to clear some space on my CC. But hopefully we can get a decent discount off the usual $20 they fetch on eBay.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:58 pm 

I would be interested in a complete set of the Mass Confusion stuff too.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:04 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Okay. Let me tie Bob down to an accurate price. It looks like we could be looking at an order for 80-100 modules, so I'll need to see if I can put an accurate price on those.

This isn't something I plan on tying up until after Christmas, and I need to clear some space on my CC. But hopefully we can get a decent discount off the usual $20 they fetch on eBay.

Ian, like I said, for some reason you run into to probs becasue of your location, I can help out there. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:00 am 

I picked up an entire set of the 8 D&D ones from him a while back for about $15-18 each. I do remember him saying one of them was the last of that module. I'm not sure which one that would be though. I remember the auctions well because jonb had outbid me a couple of them. I asked him if he had more and he offered to sell what I was missing to me outside of eBay and I promptly took him up on it.

John

"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:02 am 

pleveich wrote:I picked up an entire set of the 8 D&D ones from him a while back for about $15-18 each. I do remember him saying one of them was the last of that module. I'm not sure which one that would be though. I remember the auctions well because jonb had outbid me a couple of them. I asked him if he had more and he offered to sell what I was missing to me outside of eBay and I promptly took him up on it.

John

That may well have been Dungeon of Dr. Demento. Robert says he sold out of those. He has all the others, some in small quantities.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:38 pm 

Is anyone ordering at all, just looking at his auctions http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Frontiers-RPG- ... dZViewItem

he dosn't accept paypal, which being overseas is easiest for me... and someone order one of these and I'll pay em back by paypal etc???

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:58 pm 

I'm waiting for Robert to get back to me. The arrangement ATM is for us to order about 80 modules/tourneys, to be posted to Brian who will then send on the UK lot to me and distribute the US lot.

I guess when I told him we had orders for about 80 units he figured it would be a good time to put them on eBay.

How we put the funds together has still to be sorted out as well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:35 am 

Hi All,

I'm still looking for someone who has a copy of The Dungeon of Dr. Demento. This is by far the rarest of the Massconfusion tourneys, the last one on eBay going for about $80.

Bob Jennings wrote:There were two Dr. Demento modules because there were two Massconfusion conventions.  The Dungeon of Dr. Demento ran at the first one.  We got so many requests for a copy of the adventure that we decided to print it, and some other adventures as well.  Condo of Dr. Demento ran at the second convention.  Copies of that module went on sale as soon as the adventure was over.

If anyone has a copy of this, and is willing to answer a few questions about the item, I'd be most grateful.

Now down to business.

Robert Jennings still holds stock of many of the Massconfusion tourneys, in particular, all 7 of the AD&D tourneys listed on afterglow (no The Dungeon of Dr. Demento was missed in that listing too.)

He's looking to sell them at $15 a unit. There would also need to be a charge for shipping. US and possibly Oz distribution will be handled by bclarkie, and I'll handle the distribution in the UK, and Europe.

From the responses I had before Christmas, we were looking at about 100 tourneys, so we should also discuss payment in general in open forum. I can't fit it all on my Credit Card.

FIrst off then, it would be good if those still interested could sent an e-mail to me at [email protected] (or use the e-mail link below) giving your name, address and listing the tourneys you'd like to order at $15 a piece.

Here's the list again.....

AD&D---
  The Condo of Dr. Demento
  Dragonrunners of Kola
  Lady Eileen's castle
  Werewolf Country
  Torture Tower
  The Book of Paith
  The Tomb of St. Duncan

Call of Cthulhu---
  Firebug

Gamma World---
  Water Rights
  Mudflat Walker

Star Frontiers---
  Trouble on Janus

James Bond---
  Music of Madness    

Marvel Super Heroes---
  The Hydra Connection

Happy shopping. Some of those are going to become quite rare.

Ian

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:34 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:From the responses I had before Christmas, we were looking at about 100 tourneys, so we should also discuss payment in general in open forum. I can't fit it all on my Credit Card.

FIrst off then, it would be good if those still interested could sent an e-mail to me at [email protected] (or use the e-mail link below) giving your name, address and listing the tourneys you'd like to order at $15 a piece.

Ian

Ian, i have e-mailed you. i think its self-explanatory, so just let me know whats what. either PM me here or mail me at home.

cheers, Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:41 pm 

Hello, all!

Heard the noise being generated in this chat forum, so I decided to wander on over and add in my two copper pieces...

I believe that MassConfusion was held in Worcester, Massachusetts.

I remember visiting the now-defunct Fabulous Fiction Bookstore in Worcester in the late 1990s, and the owner still had copies of these modules available for sale.  I believe that other people in this thread have already provided contact info for him.

I think that his eBay handle is "fabficbks," but I could be mistaken.

Cheers,
JohnH

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:47 am 

So far I have confirmed orders from....

Brett ............... 1 tourney
Steven M ......... 3 tourneys
Alan (Killjoy) .... 7 tourneys
Bclarkie ........... 7 tourneys
Brian D ............ 4 tourneys

I'll update the list as orders come in to me.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:29 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So far I have confirmed orders from....

Alan (Killjoy) .... 6 tourneys ?

I'll update the list as orders come in to me.

ian yes thats fine chummer....however if you can get me another lady eileens castle as well, that would be cool and would make it 7, (ie all the AD&D ones)....if you cant tho, thats fine too..

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:13 am 

Ok. Last chance.

I have the following confirmed orders....

Alan (Killjoy) .... 7 tourneys
Bclarkie ........... 7 tourneys
Brian D ............ 4 tourneys

If I don't hear back from anyone over the weekend, I'll proceed with ordering these tourneys only. I assume if you're not on the list, you've changed your mind.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:54 pm 

bump de bump.. just seeing whats happin with this

Brette:)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:45 pm 

there are a some up on ebay that he is selling atm $15 a pop to start for those who didn't get in on the offer:

eBay listings

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:07 am 

I couldn't get a coherent response from Mr Jennings. Stalling, but no real intent to go ahead with a deal. We had agreed on a fixed price of $15 a piece, but I think he's busy and still values his modules at more than $15 a pop. So he's reluctant so sell a load to me.

For those interested, I think Dragonrunners, and Wearwolf Country are quite good fun. That said, they all seem to be fairly well written (when compared to the likes of Wilmark Dynasty), and would be well worth picking up for $20ish.

PreviousNext