Dungeon of the Bear, Level I
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:06 am 

I have a copy of a Tunnels and Trolls module called Dungeon of the Bear, Level One.  The publication seems to be complete (A folder, a booklet and a few odds and ends like T&T character cards and a GM's character roster that looks photocopied.

Strangely, the cover seems to be reversed.  It is upside down to the rest of the publication if  the typical module cover is the standard.

Have I got anything here?  Any ideas on value?   :?

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:35 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I have a copy of a Tunnels and Trolls module called Dungeon of the Bear, Level One. The publication seems to be complete (A folder, a booklet and a few odds and ends like T&T character cards and a GM's character roster that looks photocopied.

Strangely, the cover seems to be reversed. It is upside down to the rest of the publication if the typical module cover is the standard.

Have I got anything here? Any ideas on value?  :?

Mark

quite possibly part of the T&T box set that they released? there are prb quite a few editions. i aint no great expert on T&T but i do have some of the stuff (i have that module too, tho havent looked at it yet).

you see the mod on ebay quite often - tends not to go for more than $5-10 tops (i got mine for about £1 :) )

i just dug mine out. its (c) 1978 and looks very much the home-made affair.  quite thin witha  card front and back and three stapled together. i think the front cover has just been stapled on upside down by mistake. other than that youve prb got what i have chummer....

good mod tho.

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:30 am 

According to Lawrence Schick's Heroic Worlds, this module was  originally published in three parts, with each one apparently being a separate publication.  

The original came out in 1976.  Mine is a 1981 edition.  

The cover is backwards, for sure, but it is not stapled onto the booklet inside.  It is loose, like a TSR module.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:56 am 

MShipley88 wrote:According to Lawrence Schick's Heroic Worlds, this module was originally published in three parts, with each one apparently being a separate publication.

The original came out in 1976. Mine is a 1981 edition.

The cover is backwards, for sure, but it is not stapled onto the booklet inside. It is loose, like a TSR module.

there are prb quite a few prints of this as well i imagine and i know there are other levels, which were released seperately.

mine is an older print than yours, so obviously different :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:19 am 

MShipley88 wrote:According to Lawrence Schick's Heroic Worlds, this module was originally published in three parts, with each one apparently being a separate publication.

Like Al said...

"Dungeon of the Bear, level 1"

"Dungeon of the Bear, level 2"

and, guess what,

"Dungeon of the Bear, level 3"

10/10 for originality! :P

(stated as 1ed= 1976, 1977, 1977 respectively)