Encyclopedia Magicka Four Volume Set?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:37 am 

Book one printed 1994 first printing
book two 1995 first printing
three - 1995 first printing
four - 1997 second printing

all four books have sound spines  there's a little wear on the title of the first book on the spine. Interiors 100% white and clean. What little I've seen thus far is that the books sell for about 30 each if in good condition

does anyone have better ideas on pricing (yep, this is more from my godfather's stash LOL)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:04 pm 

I think you're looking at prices between $10-15 each. I've watched these prices for awhile and they are always in this range (maybe a few oddball high prices every now and then).

This is something worth listing as one complete set and they often go for between $50-80 when sold together.

As always, make sure you ship international for the best prices - I've sold quite few complete sets of these and the Wizard's & Priest's compendiums - the majority have gone international.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:14 pm 

thank you that's helpful as I only found one site with prices and they were higher than that.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:18 pm 

I'm basing this on what you could expect on ebay.  Assuming you don't have your own store/web site, the above prices are what you can reasonably expect at auction.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:41 pm 

yeah i have seem them go a few times on ebay for $10 or so - $15 tops and they always sell quite well as a set. most ppl looking for these would rather get the set then 1 at a time

Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:37 am 

You'd probably be better off putting them ebay with a link posted on the classisfieds boards, if you really wanted the upper estimate (as per topic on the classifieds board), you could always set a reserve for them or set it as BIN item. $80 is the about the max you could expect on ebay, and in all honestly I don't believe you will find anyone on here willing to bite for that price.

Hope this doesn't offend.

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:31 am 

Nothing could provide better insight than 30 days worth of history....

Current Auctions:

eBay listings

Completed:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search ... Show+Items

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:07 am 

Not offended at all - truly appreciate it. SInce I'm selling these for my godfather I have to honor his wishes for about a week. Then I can say - SEE? I need to bring the price down - that's why I posted BEST OFFER (smile).

I'd rather not ebay them - I'm really tired of the way ebay tacks on various fees everywhere (and then you get hit at paypal too).

Hopefully by next thurs he'll let me bring down the price or someone will come in with a reasonable offer.

PS - well I called him with everyone's input and he let me drop it by $10 ... gawd that man is stubborn.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:47 pm 

TrishTelesco wrote:PS - well I called him with everyone's input and he let me drop it by $10 ... gawd that man is stubborn.

Heh, heh! :D

Was surprised to see that a set went for barely $30 ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8706965749 ), although a few pushed towards the $60-70 mark that I thought was more typical early this year.

Perhaps this might be a better item just before Christmas, Trish?

(With a nice scan complete with gift ribbon and all that jazz... ;))

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:59 pm 

TrishTelesco wrote:Not offended at all - truly appreciate it. SInce I'm selling these for my godfather I have to honor his wishes for about a week. Then I can say - SEE? I need to bring the price down - that's why I posted BEST OFFER (smile).

I'd rather not ebay them - I'm really tired of the way ebay tacks on various fees everywhere (and then you get hit at paypal too).

Hopefully by next thurs he'll let me bring down the price or someone will come in with a reasonable offer.

PS - well I called him with everyone's input and he let me drop it by $10 ... gawd that man is stubborn.

Nothing against the Acaeum Forums but it does not have the traffic that eBay does.  Even with all their fees and the hassels it entails you are more likely to get two or three people who are willing to buy at full retail interested and bidding on the item on eBay than you are here. I could be wrong though.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:12 pm 

I would rather leave them here until mid november, then maybe try auction for the old goat. I love the man, and he's living on very limited means, so I try hard to do my best for him. So often I've priced things really well on ebay only to have them never sell (I'm talking like a third retail value here). I know that ebay has a better buyership base, but I appreciate collectors more who will really take care of things like this.

I have a large Star Trek collection I may try to auction as a lot too around Yule, but so many people low-ball or snipe at the last minute. I always look for buy-it-now sellers. If I want it and the price is right, I'll buy it (no fuss no muss). I'd rather support good merchants (especially small business people) than the big stores any day... but that's because I'm a small business person and I know what it's like to try and be successful these days.

In any case, I want to take this moment to thank you guys. You've welcomed me warmly and have been very helpful. I don't want you to think I don't appreciate the input. Forums like this are an amazing service.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:49 pm 

well they are a good bunch o folks here.... sometimes :D

i think david is right too - just before xmas would prb be the best time to reap something with that set and give it the OTT treatment.

youre looking for newbies to come n get em :)

the more seasoned ebayers will know to be more patient and will look for the right price if you ask for too high right away.

again, sometimes you think something will go for loads and then it doesnt.

my advice is to just wait until there are very few of them online and then hit ebay with the set

Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:57 pm 

Good advice - probably around Thanksgiving I'll do that and my other stuff. That way people won't sweat shipping time. I can't imagine buying an auction in december for yule LOL - that would drive me nuts waiting for delivery.

:wink: