First posting! Anything rare or valuable in this lot?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:56 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:nick: with regards to your JG 52 item. here is a 1st on auction atm with three other JG books:

Judges Guild: Role-Playing | eBay

worth you watching to maybe see what happens to them?

Hmm... aside; I just noticed the final price for the above auction. Not very good... :(

There are many things wrong with that auction. They were sold in a bundle, not individually. The picture is very bad quality and designed to buyers off, and the description is very bad. There is nothing in the auction to attract buyers or give them confidence that they will get value for money. If the seller thinks he is selling crap and pertrays that in his auction, he is going to get buyers who believe they are buying crap, and that is reflected in the final sale price. If you're not willing to put the effort in then you're not going to get the return. He got as much money as he deserved, and someone got a bargain.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:11 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Hmm... aside; I just noticed the final price for the above auction. Not very good... :(

There are many things wrong with that auction. They were sold in a bundle, not individually. The picture is very bad quality and designed to buyers off, and the description is very bad. There is nothing in the auction to attract buyers or give them confidence that they will get value for money. If the seller thinks he is selling crap and pertrays that in his auction, he is going to get buyers who believe they are buying crap, and that is reflected in the final sale price. If you're not willing to put the effort in then you're not going to get the return. He got as much money as he deserved, and someone got a bargain.

Seriously, there is not one RARE!!, Hard To Find!!, Out of Print!!!, HTF!!!, OOP!!!, Collectors Dream!!!, MEGA-Collectible!!!, Highly Sought After!!!, or any other such nonsense anywhere to be found in that listing. WTF?!  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:24 pm 

nah ian is right there.

individually, they are nice lil items and would have prb realised a better price for him and yes the pic isnt that good.

well its his loss and doc got a good price there (i have dealt with him a few times too - nice guy)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:25 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:nah ian is right there.

individually, they are nice lil items and would have prb realised a better price for him and yes the pic isnt that good.

well its his loss and doc got a good price there (i have dealt with him a few times too - nice guy)

Al

I was just kidding. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:27 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I was just kidding. :wink:

hhehehehehe but yeah he cudda got a premium with the usual guff you hear on a lot of auctions nowadays.

maybe we should get the guy to go speak to Jonb

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:59 am 

Re eBay/PayPal fees...

Am I missing something or are not the likely fees 15p listing (<£1) plus 5.25% (<£30 closing price) plus 20p flat and 3.4% PayPal?

I make that a max of 8.65% UK + 0.5% for overseas plus fixed fees.

OK if I include fixed costs it goes up to 12.15%/12.65% on a notional sale cost of £10.00 - is that what you are considering? If so fine - on £50 it's 8.65%...

Meanwhile Harami2000 - you've got mail.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:29 pm 

Don't forget the 25p withdrawal fee if the amount is less than £50 :?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:45 am 

Finally some gets onto eBay - Underworld Oracle 1-6

Listed today in 10 day auctions ending Sunday 4 December:

Issue 1 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
Issue 2 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
Issue 3 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
Issue 4 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
Issue 5 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
Issue 6 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

Regret to those wanting the complete set my copy of Issue 7 has already gone in a private sale that was too good to turn down.

Note none of them have been described as rare - let alone hyper-rare holy grail. :wink:

Thanks for your patience and assistance everyone! More to be listed shortly hopefully....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:38 pm 

nick. have e-mailed you a few times with no reply. am still waiting for an invoice from you from over a week ago now.

well anyway, i got fed up waiting, so i have just paid for them all and added all the individual postages up, which is way over the cost, but hey i wanted it sorted.

please mail me or PM me when you get this!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous