World of Greyhawk
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:27 am 

Hey everyone! Some lady was closing up her yard sale and said to take anything I wanted for free. I found a World of Greyhawk fantasy game setting. It has the guide, glossography and two piece wall map. It's in the original box, still wrapped and even has the price tag - never opened. Any idea if it's worth anything decent?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:07 am 

Hi and welcome to the board. I saw a shrinkwrapped copy of the World of Greyhawk go for ~ $60 on eBay. But even better than selling: Keep it and start building a Greyhawk collection around it.  :wink:

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:47 am 

Ralf Toth wrote:Hi and welcome to the board. I saw a shrinkwrapped copy of the World of Greyhawk go for ~ $60 on eBay. But even better than selling: Keep it and start building a Greyhawk collection around it. :wink:

mares: i agree with Ralf. it is quite hard to find an unused/shrinked greyhawk box set - would be a shame to offload it, cos you prb won't get your hands on one again. thats unless you just want the $$$ of course :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:30 pm 

Welcome to the boards mares04 :D

I'm definitely interested in all things GH, and would happily trade with you for the sw set, if you're interested, mares04.  

I've seen really nice sw GH sets sell for more than $60, though I don't know that I've seen a sw copy recently for sale on eBay.

Did the yardsale lady have any other interesting D&D goodies that you picked up? :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:02 pm 

grodog wrote:
Did the yardsale lady have any other interesting D&D goodies that you picked up? :D

like a sappy little booklet called "treasures of the dragon queen" ? :D :D :D :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:22 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
grodog wrote:

like a sappy little booklet called "treasures of the dragon queen" ? :D :D :D :D

LOL.  Let's hope so Al :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:58 am 

grodog wrote:Welcome to the boards mares04 :D

I've seen really nice sw GH sets sell for more than $60, though I don't know that I've seen a sw copy recently for sale on eBay.

I picked up a s/w Greyhawk set for £9.00 fairly recently:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5225695026

Original s/w as far as I can tell because there's a little whire tag on the s/w at the back saying "394-53168-XTSR1500". Box is indented on the top.

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...