Set of  D & D Gazetters
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:57 am 

Dungeons and Dragons Gazetteer | eBay

Currently $125.00 with 10 hours left.  Is this reasonable for this collection deemed to be in "good" condition?

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:11 pm 

Wow, Coug must really want those to sell on.

Personally, I'd rather try and find them individually & complete (One day I will get mint copies of each Gaz to replace my much loved & played with ones) and I'm pretty certain I've seen some Gaz for $20 or $30 dollars in shrink wrap on some websites.

It doesn't state that the Northern Reaches or Orcs of Thar still has the house cards with it, or the tokens for Thar which makes you wonder.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:33 pm 

Winterwords,

Thanks for your view point on the Gazetteers.  I do not know much about them but thought that was a high price for something that is in "Good" condition.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:57 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Winterwords,

Thanks for your view point on the Gazetteers. I do not know much about them but thought that was a high price for something that is in "Good" condition.

Gazetteers are definitel one of thos that the "coug" always bids on particualrly in batches.  I would say that $125 is pretty high especially for items whose condition is probably not the greatest.  One thing is for sure that once they reach Cougars slimy little paws, they instanly become Very Good Condition or his listings always say, VGC. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:12 pm 

NP Prufrock. The Gazetteers are a great series. My first ever boxed set was Dawn of the Emperors. Some of them are better in quality than others, and some of them rarer. If you like basic D&D you'll probably love them, though you have to consider it is very high magic world in some respects (Alphatia for example has a council of 1000 level 36 Magic Users), and thus some people may not like it.

A couple of the series had extras in them like Ierendi had ship & trading token, Thar had horde/tribe tokens etc., so those are the sort of thing to look out for. If you're looking ones in mint condition, check to see the map is still attached.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:56 pm 

Winterwords wrote:Wow, Coug must really want those to sell on.

Personally, I'd rather try and find them individually & complete (One day I will get mint copies of each Gaz to replace my much loved & played with ones) and I'm pretty certain I've seen some Gaz for $20 or $30 dollars in shrink wrap on some websites.

It doesn't state that the Northern Reaches or Orcs of Thar still has the house cards with it, or the tokens for Thar which makes you wonder.

He will probably want them shipped in an M-bag and then claim they never arrived.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!