Mattel D&D
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 21, 2
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:07 pm 

Does anyone know how much these usually go for on eGay?  My neighbor found one at a garage sale for $3.00, and she wants to sell it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =2545&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:26 pm 

The big chessboard-castle-like Mattel game usually goes for $0-25, depending on condition, completeness (box, all pieces, instructions booklet), and assurances that it actually works.

The handheld Mattel games usually go for $0-10 or so with same caveats, but I've also never seen a complete one with the box, instructions, and/or carrying case (not sure if it came with one of these or not??).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:22 pm 

grodog wrote:The handheld Mattel games usually go for $0-10 or so with same caveats, but I've also never seen a complete one with the box, instructions, and/or carrying case (not sure if it came with one of these or not??).

I've got one with the box and instructions but it doesn't seem to have come with any kind of carrying case.  I don't think it would have fit in the small box.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:26 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Does anyone know how much these usually go for on eGay?

Can we leave the juvenile bigotry off the board please?  :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:16 am 

:idea:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:54 am 

GraysonAC wrote:Can we leave the juvenile bigotry off the board please? :?

8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

hmmm...

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:56 pm 

Thanks for the info, guys.  It looks to be complete and working, but I didn't think she'd be able to get anything for it.  Maybe I'll take it off her hands just for the cheesy photo on the box cover.   :lol:

GrasyonAC:  I'm not a bigot, nor am I a juvenile.  To be honest, although I'm loathe to criticize anyone on this board, your tone comes off a bit officious and over-the-top.  Frankly, it's beyond me why you:  a) want to, and b) think you're in a position to, tell people not only WHAT to write, but HOW to write it (cf your earlier comment about posting in ALL CAPS).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:26 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:GrasyonAC: I'm not a bigot, nor am I a juvenile. To be honest, although I'm loathe to criticize anyone on this board, your tone comes off a bit officious and over-the-top. Frankly, it's beyond me why you: a) want to, and b) think you're in a position to, tell people not only WHAT to write, but HOW to write it (cf your earlier comment about posting in ALL CAPS).

If other folks think off-the-cuff gay-bashing is ok here, then I think that's unfortunate. Honestly, if you think that saying something like that (which was probably meant to be humorous) doesn't hurt some folks, then please reconsider. I'm speaking as someone who has had friends hurt from those kind of remarks, not as some forum-nanny on a holier-than-thou crusade. If my tone was pedantic, then I apologize for the implied tone, but not the criticism. I very much doubt you meant the comment maliciously, but it doesn't make it any less a bigoted statement.

I don't know what forums you've frequented, but all caps is considered universally rude.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:42 pm 

:idea:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:44 pm 

Personally, if someone called it eHetero, I wouldn't take offense. Gay in this context is not meant to imply that it is frequented by homosexuals, it is used in the context that many people use "gay" in nowadays, as in "That is gay", meaning stupid.
Can't we all just get along?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:36 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:I don't know what forums you've frequented, but all caps is considered universally rude.

think we all just get on here chummer regardless of how ppl do or say things. we are not really here to offend, unless you are one of about 8 or 9 ppl who everyone will pounce on.

the ebay comment was meant to show it is shite, thats all.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:50 pm 

Y'know, I honestly should be smarter than to be surprised. If people had ever talked to someone who had to put up with that kind of sh*t daily, I really don't think you could be so indifferent to it. If you're calling something gay in order to demean it, please consider that you -are- likely hurting someone, even though you don't mean to. Just because it's common doesn't make it any less hurtful.

If it's the status-quo here, then I don't expect people to care or anything to change. It's the first time I've seen it here, which is why I reacted here instead of elsewhere. I'll keep my objections to myself from now on.

we are not really here to offend

I know. What it seems folks don't realize is that just because you don't intend to hurt someone, it doesn't diminish, at all, your ability to do just that.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:53 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:I don't know what forums you've frequented, but all caps is considered universally rude.

SOME OF US STILL USE VIC-20S, YOU INSENSITIVE CLOD!  :lol:  (That's a joke, and not a good one.)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:18 pm 

I'm sure everyone here by now realizes that the least of my concerns is political correctness. Should we change the term Black Monday to Dark Monday because it might be offensive to colored people? Or rename the term "whitewash" to "colorless wash"?
I've had people call me skinhead, monkeyboy, and about a million other names. Do I care? Not a whit. I am hairy, and I shave my head. I'm not proud of it, but neither am I ashamed or sensitive. I just don't care, not only about nicknames, but I also could care less about what other people think about ANYTHING to do with me. Right now, I'm headed out to do some grocery shopping in my shorts and Obituary t-shirt, which is covered with zombies and reads "Back from the Dead" on the back. I war it not to make any sort of statement, but because it is very comfortable. As usual, many people (mostly female) will stare and mutter when they see it. Do I care?..................
Anyways, since this is not a forum discussing PC issues, I would say end this thread. For future reference, if someone says something that an individual finds offensive, I recommend that the individual move on to the next post.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:08 pm 

So is providing not one, but two, lectures less than three weeks after joining a forum.

TIME TO LIGHTEN UP, GRAY. (whoops, must have hit all-caps there ... :roll:)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:55 pm 

Well, not that it's going to matter now that the wagons are being circled, but two seperate folks emailed me to say thanks for making the point that I made. One of those is a regular poster that I'm sure everyone replying here knows and likely considers a friend, and didn't want to draw fire from "the regulars" (his words) by posting in the thread.

So I'm not one lone oversensitive jackass, which is nice to know. There's at least two more of us that read the site ;)  So if you don't care about offending me, or someone else that'll never post here, then at least know that you're offending someone whose opinion you probably *would* care about.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:11 pm 

G:"So I'm not one lone oversensitive jackass, which is nice to know."

GraysonAC, for what it's worth (I don't post frequently but have read the forums regularly for years), I agree with you 100% and don't think you are being overly sensitive (I'm not one of the folks who emailed, either). I would greatly prefer not to see such disparaging terms bandied about in the forums. It's just as bad as casually tossing off racial slurs.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:28 pm 

"Mountain, meet Molehill. Molehill, this is Mountain."

Next
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 21, 2