Home Brew---The Gallery of Magical Blades
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:53 pm 

Hey All, I am looking for some opinions here. I just picked up a large piece of homebrew material called "The Gallery of Magical Blades". It is 203 pages of collaborated works of a large listing of magical swords by a multitude of contributors. I did a google search and found this as a free pdf download from 1998, but the book I purchased is a fully printed out spiral bound book. I imagine that the person who I purchased this from must have printed it out and had it bound professionally. The first question I have is as I really have no desire to keep it so I want to sell it on EBay, but I don't think I can legally do it because its a free download. Secondly, even though it is a free download because of the fact that it is now professionally bound anyone have any idea what its value might be. For posterity, here is the auction I won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Here is a link to the actual item download:

home.swipnet.se/~w-29673/ fantasy/files/ad&dblades5.pdf

And also here is some pictures of the item that I have:

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:00 pm 

Buehler....Buehler.....Anyone......Buehler....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Don't assume what you have is the same as the pdf download.  It might be, I really have no idea.  But I believe Orange B3 is a free download as well... ;)

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:32 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Buehler....Buehler.....Anyone......Buehler....

Link to auction no longer exists.
Pics shown are just ImageShake icons with the frog.

Interesting pdf though.

This might shed some light on any legal aspects of selling it:

Copyright and Distribution
All of the magical weapons within this document are deemed to be copyrighted by the respective authors. These
blades may be used only for personal use (ie: within your role-playing group), and you may freely distribute copies
of their work only in it's entirety, as long as no fee is charged (unless the fee is for other materials, such as;
diskettes, CD's, paper, ink, connect times, etc., and that this fee does not exceed a reasonable amount
). The
author's name/e-mail address should be given below the title of the magical weapon, if it is known. This file may
be also distributed, but must be done so in it's entirety, and may not be uploaded to resources such as MPGN
Network's ADND directory (ftp.mpgn.com) that contain restrictions on future uploads. You may not claim these
weapons as having been created by yourself.
I would request that you simply inform me before mass distribution (such as posting to a web site, or burning
onto a CD). My e-mail address is [email protected].

The bold statement above should free you up from any legal trouble as you are just charging $XX for the paper and spiril binding  :wink:

In fact it sounds a bit eBayish anyway (fee....reasonable amount)

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:35 pm 

I think that info's already been posted.   :wink:

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:49 pm 

bombadil wrote:I think that info's already been posted.   :wink:

Where at?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:57 pm 

clarkie's last post on this page:

Sellers who infringed upon copyrights; reported.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:07 pm 

Charging for printing materials seems reasonable.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.