Older D&D and AD&D Modules: Prices?
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:49 pm 

Hello again, thanks again for your replies to my question about the Intro to AD&D.

I have a large handful of older books and modules, both D&D and AD&D - Keep on the Borderlands B2, Isle of Dread, yada yada, about 20 in all, listed below:

D&D:
Keep on the Borderlands B2 '80
Isle of Dread X1 '80
Spies of LightElf - Judges Guild (white/no color) '80

AD&D:
DM HB
Player HB
Legends & Lore <-- these top 5 books all 3rd Ed.
DM Design Kit
Monstrous Compendium

The Village of Hommlet T1 '79

Slave Pits of the Undercity A1 '80
Secret of the Slavers Stockade A2 '81
Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords A3 '81
In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords A4 '81

The Ghost Tower of Inverness C2 '81
The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan C1 '81

Descent into the Depths of the Earth D1-2 '81
Vault of the Drow D3 '80

Queen of the Demonweb Pits Q1 '80

Tomb of Horrors S1 '81
Expedition to the Barrier Peaks S3 '81 (2 copies)

Dungeonland EX1 '83

Storm Riders FRA1 '90

Modules pictured here: http://www.jpatt.net/gfx/ebay/books/rpg/

Would any of these be worth MORE than any others I have?

If not, or if not enough to make any real difference, what would be the typical average price-per-module I could expect to get from someone, assuming "Fair" condition at best and possibly lower, on all of them? Any other advice or thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your time and any replies. -JP

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:11 pm 

I'll keep my replies short and to the point, for a change, as I'm running low on coffee tonight.  :wink:

Rarity isn't on your side here.  None of the items pictured/listed are particularly uncommon.  One exception might be that combat calculator, which I simply don't recognize at all.

On first glance, condition seems better than you've indicated.  On average they're probably closer to "Very Good", with some as low as "Good" and others as high as "Fine".  "Fair" is really quite wretched looking!  

You're probably in the $5 to $10 range for most of the items, meaning some will go for next to nothing/not sell at all, and some might hit $20 if you're fortunate.  Just my opinion, of course.

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:09 am 

Hmm, really - I bought the modules from a friend when he needed money so I really don't know much about them, never used them, was before my time, but I figured the way most collectors drop a Condition value by 3 or 4 points for a scratch or a "rubbing", these would be Fair but Good and even Very Good sure sounds a lot better! I will keep my head though.

The combat calculator was sorta a mistake, its not TSR, its just a combat calc GameScience made once, I have NO clue what it was for, but I bought it for $5 new because it looked cool and I was really into weird novelty things like that - never used it and never found out what it was for, figured I'd just throw it in if I sold all the modules.

Yeah, the hit-or-miss thing is the most frustrating thing about - if I sold them in lots of 2 or 3, maybe people would be more apt to buy but then I might be parting with 2 really valuable ones. Sigh. I'm really not THAT attached to them, I dunno, I might just ebay them. $20 seems pretty pricey, even if I was lucky, but I'll keep in mind the outside remote possibility - thanks so much for your prompt response!

Anyone here interested in buying these? I don't really know how to do this.