Another ST1 - Up The Garden Path for Sale
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:57 pm 

Not another one appearing but the one I posted about on the boards here late last year.

After much dithering and after reading with interest the offers that came in for the copy offered on here recently, I have finally decided on a price range that I would be happy to sell for.

Judging by the comments I recieved last time and knowing what a fussy collector I am, I believe the copy I have is probably the best one left in existance.

My preferred method of sale would be a private sale, via a face to face transaction with the buyer paying COD, even if that involves me travelling to the U.S or Canada (the idea of entrusting a courier or the post office not to bend the item in transit, insured or not, gives me the shivers) - the exact details can be worked out with any interested parties.

The highest price I believe I could reasonably expect to recieve for it is £1400 and therefore this is price I am offering it at.  Clearly if no-one is able/willing to pay this price I will be more than happy to negotiate within my price range.

Thanks for reading my waffle and I hope my ST1 finds a good home.  please e-mail at [email protected] or PM me if you are interested.  First serious offer obviously secures.

I'll scan/photograph more images for anyone that's interested.

Barry Tsai

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:30 am 

You guys are all killing me.  2 ST1's and a 1st print Woody all in less than 1 month.  I am starting to consder taking out a large personal loan. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:16 pm 

I'll loan ya a dollar B :P

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:33 pm 

Wow! Sure looks good to me, and you're right to think very carefully about putting it in the post.  I put so much wrapping on the one I sent to the US, I was convinced it would be fine, but.... only just, they smashed through to the last line of defense - about 5 layers!.  Mind you, if I'd have put in a card backed envelope no doubt it would have been fine!!!
I'm glad mine went on the market first!!!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:11 pm 

Jon, yours didn't get damaged, did it?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:26 pm 

Jon, yours didn't get damaged, did it?

No.... but I had one very scared buyer carefully unravelling all 5 or six ruined layers of packaging (boxes, bubble wrap and more boxes), only to find the last defense had just saved it. By the way, I had over 500g of packaging for a 100g item!

Oh yeah, one other thing, I'm sure this must be really easy, but how do you quote someone properly?

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:12 pm 

There is a "quote" button on the upper right of everyone's post.  Otherwise, to enter it directly in BB code, type:

Code:
[quote=screename] [/quote]

Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:59 pm 

Thanks to those who have made offers - several negotiations are taking place.

Still waiting for someone from the U.K to turn up on my doorstep with a large wedge of cash though :D

Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:57 pm 

I'm happy to say that the module is now with a new owner who would like to remain anonymous.

The buyer paid £1,500, a proportion of which went towards postage and Paypal fees.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:31 pm 

Thanks for the update, Barry. Congratulations on that (crazy IMHO) price!
Don't spend it all on an orange B3! :twisted: :D

(Still was/is a very sweet copy, though. :))