[IMG] Page 12

[IMG] Page 13

[IMG] Page 14

[IMG] Page 15

[IMG] Page 16

[IMG] Page 17

[IMG] Page 18

[IMG] Page 19

Not too bad for a 1st attempt, heh. Guess I'm not as slow as I thought. But they are a bit large for jpg, no?

Started playing D&D at Great Lakes in '76-'77. Went to Dungeon in Lake Geneva. Got to adventure in original Blackmoor. Saved some rare pieces from then, not in best shape: Palace of Vampire Queen, Beastmaker Mountain. Started collecting recently.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:07 pm 

Without running Paint Shop Pro to confirm it, I can tell you that those are 24-bit color images, which combined with the physical dimensions of the images are what make them large.  Large though is a relative term, as a bitmap image of the same size and resolution would be approximately 7MB in size instead of 250KB.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:01 pm 

Traveller wrote:Without running Paint Shop Pro to confirm it, I can tell you that those are 24-bit color images, which combined with the physical dimensions of the images are what make them large. Large though is a relative term, as a bitmap image of the same size and resolution would be approximately 7MB in size instead of 250KB.

I can post this as a PDF, but I'd probably be breaking copyright law by doing so. Having said that, the odds of it being enforced in this instance are slim, and the deed has already been done above. I have this as a PDF.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:08 pm 

If I violated any copyright laws by posting scans of this item I am very sorry. I find this hard to believe, however, not because of it's age, but because this was essentially a club newsletter that was given to the club members. I'm just not familiar with the laws on this, however since it was handed out to members and not published for resale, I would be truly astonished if it violated any laws. If someone out there knows better, than please inform me.
                                                    Tom

Started playing D&D at Great Lakes in '76-'77. Went to Dungeon in Lake Geneva. Got to adventure in original Blackmoor. Saved some rare pieces from then, not in best shape: Palace of Vampire Queen, Beastmaker Mountain. Started collecting recently.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:59 am 

tntwargo wrote:If I violated any copyright laws by posting scans of this item I am very sorry. I find this hard to believe, however, not because of it's age, but because this was essentially a club newsletter that was given to the club members. I'm just not familiar with the laws on this, however since it was handed out to members and not published for resale, I would be truly astonished if it violated any laws. If someone out there knows better, than please inform me.
 Tom

Please don't take my comment to heart. I'm just offering to post a link to a PDF file. But I don't wish to offend any of the members here who reside in the 'PDFs-Are-Evil' camp. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:28 pm 

Well just so you know, I had intended on running some OCR on the text, drop it into word, reformat it, and then make it available as a PDF for me.  After all, that Exorcist class seems very interesting.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:57 am 

Thanks for posting this, Tom, it looks quite interesting.  If you don't mind, I'll share the scans with Jordan and Loren---I'm sure they'll get a kick out of them :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:27 pm 

As I said, I doubt there would be any copyright problems. The Exorcist is cool, but I really like the Mad Waller. If handled correctly it could be a lot of fun for such an innocuous creature. Kinda like a Rust Monster in those early days. Nothing like the image of big hulking fighters in plate hiding behind diminutive leather-clad thiefs, with everyone desperately trying to get those 10' wooden poles out to beat the thing to death. Those were the days.
           Tom