Follow up on Vol. 1, No. 1 of The Wizard
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:56 pm 

The front and back covers are tan and very light cardoard. There is a drawn picture of a dungeon door on the front with the word "miasma". The interior pages are typed and I believe Xeroxed. There are a couple of crude drawings. The entire magazine was 3-hole punched(this was original, not by me). There were two metal rings in the top and bottom holes to keep it together. the rings are still there. Now the contents.
 Page 1 has club info. There is an editorial from the president and Club News. The officers are listed near the bottom; President - Jordan Weisman, Editor - Jacob Farber, Secretaries - Robin Zavertnik & Ralph Saunders.
 Page 2 has an ad for Lyle's Hobby Shop in Westmont. Lyle would bring his stuff to the meetings and offer a 5% discount for members.
 Pages 3-11 have a clerical subclass called the Exorcist(very handy against Lycanthropes). It was written by Stuart Manewith and Evan Singer. There are some unique spells and plenty of info and charts.
 Pages 12 -16 have an introduction to D&D with a sample session described. There is a small handrawn map on page 14 along with a list of encounters ala POVQ.
 Page 17 has a new creature called the Mad Waller with a handdrawn picture and statistics.
 Pages 18 & 19 have a review of Empire of the Petal Throne.
That's everything.

Again, I have a very good scanner if anyone is interested in seeing it. If there is anyway to post scans for everyone at once, rather than for individuals, I would prefer to do that for obvious reasons. I'm sure there wouldn't be any copyright problems. If I didn't list an author for an article(like the Mad Waller), there wasn't one given. I hope this has been helpful.
                                                     Tom

Started playing D&D at Great Lakes in '76-'77. Went to Dungeon in Lake Geneva. Got to adventure in original Blackmoor. Saved some rare pieces from then, not in best shape: Palace of Vampire Queen, Beastmaker Mountain. Started collecting recently.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:18 pm 

Hiya, Tom. Welcome to the board... :)

You've been busy, I see! Interesting intro, too. ;)

<Traveller> summarised the method to post pics on the board;
Wee Warriors - Banners of Chaos • Collecting Appraisal •  The Acaeum
If Photobucket is still only taking applications certain hours of the day and you haven't signed up elsewhere with a free pic host, just use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting (same people as Photobucket) and post the link, instead.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:40 pm 

Jordan Wiseman editor, eh?  I bet you it's relatively valuable then, Tom, though I don't have any idea how much you'd get for it if you decided to sell it (I'm far from the fanzine expert here).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:03 am 

Allan,
 Jordon Wiseman was president of the club, not the editor. I probably should have separated them better. I knew that name rang a bell. It was so long ago, and I was so out of the loop for so long. I did not even know there was a 2nd edition, let alone a 3rd. -Tom

p.s. Check out the scans I posted.

Started playing D&D at Great Lakes in '76-'77. Went to Dungeon in Lake Geneva. Got to adventure in original Blackmoor. Saved some rare pieces from then, not in best shape: Palace of Vampire Queen, Beastmaker Mountain. Started collecting recently.