Wee Warriors - Banners of Chaos
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:52 am 

Howdy -

I bought a bunch of books from abnaric on ebay last week, and they arrived today, all in fantastic shape. It was mostly a bunch of old FGU wargaming stuff, but in one of the books I found a sheet that obviously didn't belong.

It's a single sheet, A4 sized, with 27 banners printed on it. The sheet is actually sticky, ie the idea is to cut out the banners, peel off the backing and stick them on lances or flagpoles on 25mmm fantasy lead figures.

The title at the top says "Banners of Chaos... for use with 25mm armies; cut out and remove backing. Fold around wire or leadcast lance. produced by Wee Warriors, c. 1977". And on the bottom it has 'Banner design by Morno".

The banners are pretty cool... each has a note on the origin, eg several are from LOTR (Isengard, Mordor, Harad), a few from Moorcock (Melnibone, Chaos), a few traditional designs (Greek, Norse) and a bunch of others (Kraken, Illuminati etc).

Can anyone tell me more about it? Was it a stand alone item, or was it part of a boxed set or similar?

Regards

Mike

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:51 am 

Sounds interesting Mike!  Any chance you could put some pictures up of the Moorcock banners? :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:57 am 

Nice :D

I'll ask Brad (Morno) about it. You might have something very unique there.  :roll:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:59 am 

Thanks guys. How do I put up a picture? I can take a snap, if someone can let me know how to get it into a post I'll do it.

Regards

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:16 pm 

From a PM I sent to Aneoth some time ago...

Regarding how to post pics to a forum, you need to have some webspace from your ISP, or you need to sign up for a free account at Photobucket.  You cannot use free sites like Geocities or Angelfire to host the pictures, as those sites do not permit remote loading, which is what you are doing.

Once you've done that and you've uploaded a pic to photobucket, you're going to sandwich the URL of the pic between IMG codes, like this:

Code:
[img]http://www.photobucket.com/username/filename.jpg[/img]

The board software will automatically interpret the string and load the picture onto a message.  This applies regardless of whether it is a public message or private one.

Now, if you are doing scans on a flatbed scanner, you'll need to convert them from their default format (.bmp I believe, which is HUGE) to .jpg files (smaller and faster loading) before you can upload them to Photobucket.  You'll need a little program called IrfanView to do that.  It's freeware, and available to download at IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide .

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:49 pm 

Thanks Traveller. I uploaded a pic, here it is (hopefully):

My camera isn't the best so its not the best quality, but you get the idea.

Regards

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:13 pm 

Good news.  The pic is there, and that sheet looks rather interesting.  I wonder if that was from a larger work, or perhaps a promotion of some sort?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:44 am 

Very nice.  Congrats on that one.  Looks really interesting.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:52 am 

Brad (Morno) said:

It ties in with "The Endless Dungeon" and "The Village", which I'd forgotten about till I saw them listed at your forums.  These, like a boardgame I did all on my own, were all from the period when Zocchi would take a minimum order on anything Wee Warriors did.  Some fairly crackbrained things resulted from that.

:wink:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:11 pm 

$10 says there is a Banners of Law as well.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:21 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:$10 says there is a Banners of Law as well.

I'll take that bet.  :wink: